Wednesday 9 December 2009

Charity Auctions Sue Ryder

The winners of the Folksy Upcycle competition have been announced and t is now time to BID BID BID!

This is how Folksy described the competition: Upcycle Christmas is a competition for people to take second hand / charity stuff and make it into something ‘new’ and desirable to be sold at an online auction starting on the 7th December. All proceeds from the auction will go to Sue Ryder Care, the healthcare charity, our partners on the project.

Right now many of the auction lots are going for way way less than the charity shop could have sold the materials for (in my opinion).

Hopefully this is because people are hanging back to "snipe" at the last minute - but these auctions are for CHARITY, so please bid now, bid often, and push those prices up!

In case you're wondering about my motives, I didn't enter this time - but I am currently winning at least 6 of the auctions so have my fingers crossed I'll get outbid!

Sue Ryder Upcycle auctions

No comments: