Monday 8 December 2014

Christmas Socks for MrNifty

Life has been quite strange lately. We bought our "forever home" back in August, but it needs a lot of renovating and for one reason and another the building work is taking forever.

It's been hard to settle to anything or feel inspired to knit, so I was pleased to be asked to be part of Debenham's DebsKnittingChallenge. I was asked to knit something for "the man in my life" so was able to hand over the decision making - he chose this lovely self-patterning yarn for me to make him a pair of socks. The yarn creates an almost fairisle effect in simple stocking stitch, but no such luck - he wanted a mock cable!


The sole is stocking stitch though, see what I mean about the pattern?


One sock down, one to go... last time I knitted socks with a multicoloured I missed a trick that I remembered this time. I unwound yarn from the ball until I found the same place in the colour sequence to cast on, to create a matching pair. It worked!


Here's MrNifty toasting his toes in front of the fire, 
I shall have my work cut out getting them back to wrap!


 No time to knit? Debenhams have gifts for men - and a big thank you to Debenhams from me for sponsoring my Christmas knit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent sockage!

Unknown said...

Nicely done :) Looks like at least one of us will have warm feet this winter

Helen Smith said...

Very smart! Not sure I'd have been so agreeable to the cable pattern on something so small!

PoetessWug said...

I LOVE that yarn!!!...and the socks too! ^_^ WWhat is the name of this yarn?!

Heather Leavers said...

I really should have said, shouldn't I? It's by Berroco. The particular shade is Beach House, very appropriate as we live by the sea! http://www.loveknitting.com/berroco-comfort-sock

BLENT said...

Nicely done :D