Friday 1 August 2008

So what's new in niftyworld?

Well - the big thing was going to Brighton Wednesday for my son's gig at the Komedia. His band A Scandal in Bohemia were (of course) brilliant - but I'm his mum so naturally biased. The audience seemed to agree with me!
You can buy his CD online at aScandalinBohemia.etsy.com
I was manning (womaning?) the merch stand at the gig cos the girl who was supposed to do it was unwell, which meant I got to meet two other bands - Junkboy and birdengine, check them out on myspace.

Which reminds me - apparently I signed up for myspace AGES ago and forgot all about it. must have been knittin ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/niftyknits

at the moment I'm busy trying to persuade it not to set me up on dates.

meanwhile - going back to the gig - I've been trying to remember which band I last saw live.

I've narrowed it down to three.

That's cos I've only ever seen three bands (well, I went to boarding school in the depths of the Dorset countryside, not that many bands played in Bournemouth in the early 70s!)

So - it was either Jethro Tull (Thick as a Brick), Emerson Lake and Palmer, or Yes.

Almost as good as Scandal :-)

No comments: