Friday 17 April 2009

Let's meet...GocksFrocks

GocksFrocks, owned by Kristen, sells handmade clothing & accessories for kids, women, and the home.



But what about the woman herself? Let's find out...

Cats or dogs?

Dogs - cats too if I were not allergic


Star Wars or Star Trek?

star wars

Fruit or chocolate?

fruit!

Favourite colour?

purple




Favourite meal?

breakfast


City break or weekend in the country?

both please!

Soaps or documentaries?

documentaries

Bath or shower?

shower - only because our tub is too tiny




Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop. Do you sell anywhere else?

A friend first told me about etsy & when I checked it out I was smitten - love the creativity here as well as the ease of listing my items. I sell on ebay from time to time and also do a couple of local art shows.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?

hard to pick just one...I think whatever my current project is tends to be my favorite - but I do LOVE working with felted wool anytime



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far?

keep listing & adding to your shop
try to capture your items in an original and eye catching manner - my clothesline shots became my signature photos last winter when it was too cold for my daughter to model outside!


If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

be more organized with the business side of it all - receipts, paperwork etc....
also...win the lottery so I could build an amazing studio space full of natural light over our garage!


How do you see your store developing?

branching out with my offerings - I recently added a bit of home dec (log cabin pillow slipcovers) as well as skirts for women.



What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

drinking coffee and catching up on my blog reading


What’s your top marketing tip for today?

try some social networking(twitter, facebook, blog) - spread the love you have for your art to all that you know

Wow! I don't know about you, but I'm staggered by the array of bright colours and patterns - absolutely gorgeous! for more, check out GocksFrocks and Kristen's other store BettysCloset.etsy.com where she sells some of the amazing fabrics she uses in her designs. You can also read more on her blog

6 comments:

Lynn Kellan said...

Adorable clothes! I love the bright colors!! The doll smock, in particular, I loved.

Alison Reid said...

another great interview, I love this shop!

My Mother's Garden said...

Nice interview! Kristen's creations are so bright and happy!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting interview! I love Kristen's designs!

mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

Jane Carlstrom said...

So nice to read this interview with Kristen. Love the happy joyful creations.

Kristen said...

thanks so much Heather! It has been great getting to know my etteam members better through your interviews!