Monday 13 September 2010

This is ...

ETC, ink

Fractal 2


Favourite colour?

Right now I am loving the rich purples and teals as well as the brighter aquas and you can always soothe everything with a soft antique white.

Exposed Steel Taper Candlestick Holders


Favourite smell?

The smell of the ocean. Whether it is a hot humid day with the air standing still or cool winter days that make you want to bundle, nothing beats ocean air.

Nifty: me too!

Favourite place?

Well it would be redundant to say "See above" but... The ocean. More specifically the ocean in winter, deserted beaches, only your foot prints in the sand and then going home to cuddle on the couch with a blanket and a book and the ocean out the window.

Industrial Coat Hook Rack


Favourite sound?

Thunderstorms. They are of course the most magnificent at the beach, but I can enjoy a good thunderstorm anywhere.

Favourite way to spend your time?

I call them lazy days. You spend all day in your pajamas, eat whatever you want whenever you feel like and if you want to do something productive, you do it.

Favourite item in your shop of all time? My ducks.



I did this piece in college and still have it hanging in my computer room. Just looking at it makes me feel happy.

Favourite shop that isn’t yours?

There are really too many amazing shops to choose from. However when I am hungry I longingly look at Nicole's Homemade Treats. Nifty: don't we all?



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

If creating stuff makes you happy then do it. It doesn't matter if you get 1 sale or 100, selling really should come second to creating. There is a perfect balance, but if you get too business minded then you lose sight of why you first started selling. Do what makes you the happiest.

Thanks Erica - what a lovely thought to end with.

ETC, ink on Etsy
Facebook: http://facebook.com/etcink
Website/blog: http://etcink.com

11 comments:

Studio By The Forest said...

Wow, Erica has great taste! I love her little ducks too, can't help but smile when I see them.

joy said...

that final comment makes me so much happier, I really dont care if I dont sell anything at all, I just really need to make some space, selling would be nice, but knitting is better.
joyxx

laughingfridge said...

the little ducks are darling, and her fractal art is beautiful. She can make ordinary house pipes into works of art, too! Great blog

Originals by Lauren said...

Wonderful to learn more about Erica. I love her shop, and have met her and seen her items in person, and they are wonderful

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Heather: What an awesome feature! It is nice to learn about other people and their shops! Thanks!

Erica: THANK YOU! I appreciate your kind words!

Be Well!

artsyfartsymemories said...

another great post- I too love the smell of the ocean- oh, how I miss the water. wonderful job-nifty and erica.

My Mother's Garden said...

Another great feature! Those ducks are just adorable and I LOVE Erica's pipe art...I have a set in my house and think they are so cool. Great attitude on creating and selling art!

Additionsstyle said...

Great post! Erica's work is so cute, what a great shop.

leslie said...

It is so cool to see Etsy members working together. How sweet of you Nifty, for this feature! Erica - Your work is really neat and different from anything I have seen. btw -I love thunderstorms too. I love watching them at night where you can see the lightning cracking!

jay said...

Great article Heather and it really is good to find out about who's behind the shop(s) names!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Fun feature! Her duck piece is adorable. ^.^