Friday 22 March 2013

Sea glass



My friend Nicky from Colour it green recently shared a tutorial to make a fabulous sea glass lampshade. Isn't it lovely? I particularly like how the occasional "rare" colour stands out, I've never seen yellow or red sea glass though I've spotted blue sometimes. I decided to check if I had enough sea glass yet...


LOL that'll be a "no" then. See my tiny piece of blue? The orange piece, now I've looked more closely, is actually plastic after all. The tiny bits are all that I've found locally, this is clearly the wrong beach for sea glass.

Here's an interesting piece from our previous beach, it's almost completely spherical, possibly a marble?


One final pic - remember the kestrel I saw yesterday? Today she was sitting in a tree right outside our garden! No wonder we haven't been able to attract any small birds to our feeders, they're keeping their heads down. Wonderful to see her so close though. Shame she can't find sea glass for me.



4 comments:

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

What a fantastic bird picture!! And your sea glass collection isn't at all shabby. My collection is treasured as we now live hundreds of miles away from any sea!!

Anonymous said...

nevermind, keep collecting, you will get there

jelly andrews said...

That’s probably a marble. Its shape is almost a perfect sphere that it seems impossible that it is from a glass. But is it really possible that a marble could have such look?

Heather Leavers said...

I think maybe it's a marble bottle stopper, remember those old lemonade bottles? I love it, whatever it is!