Thursday 9 May 2013

Bluebell time!


Back to Blean Woods today to enjoy the bluebells, such an icon of English springtime. (You can enlarge the pics by clicking on them)


The woods are home to several sculptures, some woven with willow, others carved from fallen trees:



We saw the sculptor last time we were in the woods, this is what these looked like last time...


He told us then that he was planning a moth. Here it is!



There are wood ants EVERYWHERE in the woods, but fortunately most of them are smaller than this.


I wasn't expecting this ring of gnomes!


I don't care what ikea say, gnomes are quintessentially English! Their new advert does make me laugh though...



1 comment:

Fiona said...

I love this! I grew up not far from Canterbury so this feels like such familiar territory. The sculptures are amazing, and I just love the bluebells - a great post, thank you :-)