Monday 25 May 2009

Come for a walk with me?

Our countryside never tires me - step through the tree tunnel and who knows what will be the other side?



We were geocaching, this new little family had their work cut out just trying to keep up with mum!



See the naughty two at the back? (You can enlarge the pic by clicking on it)



They weren't looking too sure now. "You want us to go through there? But there are nettles!"

The bystanders held their breath and counted the babies in, counted the babies out. Mum looked very nonchalent, but I wouldn't want to have to keep track of 11 babies!




The stretch of water is the moat around Bodiam Castle.



Stunning, isn't it?



The ducklings stayed on the far side of the moat, away from the drawbridge which surprised us at first as there were several people throwing bread in to the adult ducks. Then we saw who else lives there...



I suspect these carp are big enough to take a duckling if they have a chance!

We walked on up the hill, stopping to take a final snap of what must be one of the most photographed views in the area.

10 comments:

EHillson said...

Wonderful pictures. Looks like you're having a lovely weekend.

Oceanside Creations said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

BeadyPool said...

What a stunning day out. Must be a year for ducklings we have lots this year on the pond near us - usually there are only a few. We managed 5 caches today, very exciting :)

Diane Cransac said...

beautiful!And the ducklings were so cute *hehe*

Bigbluebed said...

What a beautiful place.

Sue said...

What a magical area you live in! Beautiful!

Waterrose said...

What a beautiful castle. I've only had a chance to see Windsor and thought it was incredible...thank you for posting this, since it will probably be a while before I make it back to England.

Pamela Zimmerman said...

so beautiful! I love going with you on these jaunts, Heather. thanks so much for taking us along!

MonikaRose said...

Thank you, I enjoyed that walk, what beautiful ducks, ducklings and scenery...have a fab day :) cya MonikaROse, I have new creation in my etsy store, link on new post...

Linden said...

Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing!

Love those cheeky ducklings making a break for it, bless. And Bodiam Castle was one of my favourite childhood places,we used to go there a lot when my grandparents lived in Bexhill.