Sunday 17 May 2009

What a load of bullocks!



Our daily walks often take us through farm fields, we're fine with sharing a field with sheep or cattle. These calves were just adorable so sharing their field was no hardship.

Little did we know what was waiting for us across the next stile!



He looked quite friendly, but then all his friends came charging across to join in the game. We beat a hasty retreat to consider our strategy.



Having decided discretion was the better part of valour we decided to walk along the boundary on the other side of the hedge from the bullocks. They of course thought this was a brilliant idea, and raced along the hedgeline too and were waiting for us when we got to the gate...



We found another route home.

7 comments:

Frankie said...

Ha, the title of this post made me laugh! They're so cute! x

Diana Troldahl said...

LOL I love your blog.
When I was a little girl, I loved having my Grandpa's calves suck on my fingers. (Today, eeewwwww, but back then I loved it!)

My husband was chased across a field by a Highland coo on a visit to Scotland once, I am sharing this with him as soon as he's out of the tub.

And enjoy that knitted village for me, too! I wish I were close enough to visit.

Heather Leavers said...

the knitted village was fab, I bought one! it'll be in teh blog in a few days time.

Sue said...

LOL Heather! Good plan on the alternate route home!

Splendid Little Stars said...

cute while looking at photos online; scary perhaps in person.
A bull came running towards me once. I got behind a tree.
______
How cool that you bought part of the knitted village!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Ha ha, they look like a curious gang of teenage thugs, ready to defend their turf. What wonderful faces, stances and glances.

Matt said...

What a load of bulls!! ;)

They probably found this hillarious..