Tuesday 30 June 2009

Beer, Cider and Hocus Pocus!

Last Saturday was the Beer and Cider Festival in Tenterden - woohoo! Particularly "woohoo" because it's in easy walking distance (though that might be better termed staggering distance on the way home!)



A highlight for me was the fact that there were two teams of Morris Dancers there to entertain us, and not just with their drinking prowess.

As my regular followers will know I love Morris Dancing and have already knitted quite a few mini-dancers - but this Saturday was the first time I'd met Hocus Pocus.



People who don't know Morris Dancers sometimes think they're all old blokes who wave hankies around - Hocus Pocus couldn't be further from that totally unjust stereotype if they tried! They're loud, sexy and above all FUN.



So obviously I grabbed my knitting needles as soon as I got home...





You can barely tell them apart, can you? ;-)





If you're in Kent their next date is tomorrow 1st July, at the Bell and Jorrocks, Frittenden at 8.30 pm and then on 15th July at the Joiners Arms in West Malling at 8pm.

5 comments:

Anna Nield said...

Thank you SO much Heather - she's wonderful! You are so clever!!! I can't wait to get one!
Anna - Hocus Pocus Morris xxx

Waterrose said...

Wow you have such talent with that knitting needle! They should have hired you to make those teeny weenie sweaters and tops for the Coraline movie!

Heather Leavers said...

I read about those rose - she claimed to have taken 6 months or so. I can only imagine she left her knitting in a cupboard for most of that time!

anna - it was a pleasure to have knitted you!

AMIdesigns said...

Absolutely fantastic!

Kitschy Coo said...

Awesome!I never knew there was 'punky' morris dancers :)