Sunday 7 June 2009

Google Friend Connect -- please go away :-(

This morning when I looked in my blog list on the dashboard I had a gazillion blog posts to read. Quite a few were hourly updates (get a life) from a spammer.

So why did I follow these people?

Seemples. I didn't.

Like a knitwit, I had clicked on "follow with google friend connect" on someone's blog - so now all their friends appeared in my updates.

I have been googling for England trying to get rid of this oh-so-marvelous feature, but with little success. I have manually deleted myself form lots of followed blogs, some of which I probably wanted to keep!



If you have any idea how I can get friends connect off my blog - please help! I really don't want to delete my followers, they're much too precious!

6 comments:

Amy V. said...

Something that may be of help. Try reading the blogs in google reader. Yes the friend connect ones ("blogs I'm following") will be there, but it's in a folder and you can just click "mark as read" and it clears out. If you want to keep a few from friends you always read, drag the blog subscription out of the "blogs I'm following area" and it will be easy to check. Hope that's of help.

Amy V. said...

one other thought. you may be able to find the spammer blog and unfollow too.

I've not had a problem with this and read about 4 or 5 of the "blogs i'm following" each day just to keep up with those I've followed.

Sue said...

I don't know the answer, but I'm with you on the "Google Friend Connect...please go away!"

Heather Leavers said...

Thanks Avlor - and thanks Sue too!

Nicola said...

Oooh makes me very, very glad I've never clicked that button!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing at your yellow sign. it's really funny. Humor is the best way to deal with frustrating situations like this.