Tuesday 6 October 2009

Tenterden Folk Festival...again!

One of the many joys of a folk festival is the fantastic colours of the Morris Dancers' costumes - but I was completely taken aback by the jumper worn by one of the musicians. I absolutely HAD to go and admire at close quarters (walking all around the poor man!) and luckily enough he offered to let me take photos before I had the nerve to ask!



If I'd known him better I'd have been touching...but just look at all the textures.



This is the inside. He said it was computer driven machine knitted in a "slub" style, but I haven't found out any more than that. Fabulous!

6 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

Wow, that sweater is totally amazing, I love that you went in for the close up!

xoxo Agnes

Lisa said...

Ah yes, that sweater begs to be touched!

Diane Cransac said...

I used to be a reknitter and had a shop in downtown seattle. I had several of these sweaters come in for me to do work on them and they were all by a certain brand name but for the life of me I cant remember what it was. I will post it when it comes to me, probably in the middle of the night :p

Pomona said...

I think he is rather enjoying the attention!

Pomona x

Diane Cransac said...

I remembered it! The brand name is Coogi and they are quite expensive. I remember the first time someone brought one into my shop I just loved it!

Heather Leavers said...

it certainly looked like it should be expensive :-)