Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding *again*

It took me a bit longer to restyle Kate, because I needed supplies - and of course the shops were shut!

I'm pretty pleased with the new version. I've added lace to the front of her skirt and all around the edge of the train, sleeves and bodice of course - given her hair, and a tiara and a much finer veil. Flowers are tiny white beads sewn to a leaf-green crochet base. *phew*

The real challenge was getting the veil/tiara combo to work whether the veil was forward or back, that took much head-scratching!








8 comments:

Pomona said...

Beautiful! They make a charming pair - as good as the real thing!

Pomona x

evaowl said...

so cute - both of them (waiting for Pippa :)

Sue Doran said...

These are terrific, if I squint a little, I could swear they are Kate and William themselves!

Mary Elliott said...

Ohh they're lovely-beautiful & handsome :)

Heather Leavers said...

LOL Eva judging by comments I've read I'd need to do Pippa as a rear view! Her dress was stunning though.

joseph said...

They look just as lovely as the real couple:-)

Nicky said...

I love your blog!
I'm new to knitting and blogging but i love your meerkats.

Nicky
jaynicknitknacks.blogspot.com

limonada said...

You are a KNITTING GENIUS my friend!