Sunday 19 June 2011

Who knows how long I've loved you?



"Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to, I will.

For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same.

Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart.

And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know, I will
I will."


Listened to this song this morning with the father of my children (It's Fathers Day, it was one of his gifts)

It doesn't "really" fit - we met in 1977 so I'm pretty familiar with his name by now - but it's such a sweet song. I turned to Etsy to make a treasury - but funnily enough there isn't much based around the White Album, so I used Sgt Pepper instead (and then found my two favourite pieces weren't even listed!) Here's the first...

Sgt Pepper Cats by QuernusCrafts


and here's the treasury:

'Listening to the Beatles with the father of our children on Fathers Day' by niftyknits

What could be better?


The Beatles Set
$70.00

The Beatles Sgt. Pe...
$8.95

Beatles Guitar Pick...
$14.95

SALE Sgt Pepper'...
$39.99

Applause Sgt. Peppe...
$35.00

John Lennon Mouse -...
$35.00

Ringo Starr
$40.00

White Album, George...
$15.00

Sgt Pepper
$30.00

Doll Clothes Beatle...
$93.00

SALE St Pepper Lone...
$23.00

1960s Sgt. Pepper B...
$110.00

The Beatles Sgt. Pe...
$250.00

BEATLES - Sgt Peppe...
$24.99

Orange 70s Retro ...
$15.50

Beatles Sgt. Pepper...
$20.00

Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.


and my other favourite... sold by TheHouseOfMouse

2 comments:

Quernus Crafts said...

That's very sweet, Nifty - and I much appreciate you including the Sgt Pepper Cats!

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

I love that song, and quite a lot of others on the White Album. Like I'm So Tired - I have thought of that quite often since becoming a mummy!! There's some lovely things in that treasury, but I think I love the House of Mouse's best! And those cats!!