Friday 17 February 2012

too big a beach?

We went house-hunting in Greatstone yesterday. The tide was out, sandy beach looked nice...until we realised how utterly huge it is! I took this photo because I was amused by the way walkers had decorated the fence with lost gloves.


I had incorrectly thought the wet line (marked in red) we could see was the sea - but no, it went out for a good half mile and there are lots of mud pockets as you walk seawards, kept thinking I was going to be swallowed up by quicksand!

Back to the drawing board...

meanwhile - don't forget to enter my giveaway, it's running till Sunday. Enter here

1 comment:

Helen Smith said...

Quite a lot like our beach here... which is beautiful, I love it, but all that sand blows around a LOT when it's windy (as it often is),