Tuesday 5 October 2010

Props...part three!

I blogged last month about the props that others use in their product photos: part one and part two here.

My mission, though, was to try to find something to use for my scarves and fiber necklaces.


This is the best of about a million photos poor Mr Nifty took of me before the batteries ran out. I think scarves look better modelled, but I don't like being the model. Mr Nifty drew the line and outright refused!

Then, in a charity shop, I thought I'd found the very thing!

I don't know what it is supposed to be used for, it's a semi-transparent alien head with a ridge around the base that makes me think it's a lid of something. I can't see through it from behind so I thought it would be ideal as a face mask....LOL not so!



I still like it as a prop, but I don't think I'll try wearing it again!



The scarf will be in the UK SILLY SALE on Friday - there are already lots of lovely bargains, but Friday is the day we'll all go quite silly. Yes, even sillier than now. My shop has a section with items reduced by 10% but I will have a half-price section on Friday which will include this scarf.

6 comments:

joy said...

I have a polystyrene head (well, not me personally, but you know what I mean) which I use to show off hats, it works quite well with scarves as well, I think, but I try to do something different each time, sometimes rolled up, sometimes draped, and I have even, in the past, wrapped one round my face so that only my glasses show and then photographed it in the mirror. I've reached the stage now where I'm giving up on selling, so dont need to worry any more.

Heather Leavers said...

oh that's a god idea Joy, I could cope with being the model if my entire face was hidden - that's why I liked the idea of the mask...except it turned out to be transparent!

noodleBubble said...

LOVE the photo - really textural- pity Mr Niftys Batteries ran out. Happens to the best of 'em.

I'm FOREVER buying things from charity shops for either display or photo props...both always met with rolled eyes from Mr noodleBubble (may take his batteries out)

X

Heather Leavers said...

LOL if only they came with remote controls...

sassypackrat said...

Goodness how did you find a clear Cyberman face? Better call The Doctor!

YellowBugBoutique said...

OMG- awhile ago when you said you were going to do a grasshopper I had my doubts...please forgive me for doubting your skills....I humble myself in front of your greatness...