Wednesday 21 November 2012

Christmas sherry, anyone?



I spotted this vintage cocktail cabinet (60s?) in a charity shop for £45 and brought it home. We are sadly lacking in cupboard space in this house, and I just fancied the idea of MrNifty serving Christmas beverages from a cocktail cabinet!

If you're wondering why I didn't clean the mirror....well, I did. But then I spilt some sherry!


I really like that the original lemon squeezer and cocktail sticks are still there. 
Don't think I fancy using them though, I'd never be sure they were clean!



The opening "flaps" are hinged together which is clever, although disconcerting if like me you're prone to dumping stuff on any available surface...because as you pull the flap down, the top moves too!


 I like the weathered appearance of the knobs, but in an ideal world I think I'd rather like something a bit more steampunky... like these from LumberJackLad on Etsy


I had already bought some glass straws from VortexGlassWorks, also on Etsy


So we're all set! Sherry, anyone?







2 comments:

Bigbluebed said...

I love the cabinet. I have never been much of a drinker but a cabinet like that could be the excuse for cocktail parties galore.

Heather Leavers said...

I badly need to be cured of my habit of putting things down on the top though - every time I open the cabinet there is an avalanche!

Not that I open it often I hasten to add. Sounds like I'm a constant tippler!