Saturday 20 February 2010

Meerkat World Tour Update!

Guest blogger today is Jaci, from ByTheWay, Etta's latest host.

Etta Meerkat finally arrived at the crossroad of America - Indiana! After a good night’s sleep to recover from the trip here, Etta and I headed to the gym to work out our kinks!



big weights for a tiny meerkat!



Good view from up here!



This wall sitting is giving me the shakes!



finally - relaxing!

After we went grocery shopping, we looked through a box of doll clothes from my childhood that my dad had sent home with me. We found a half finished skirt that had been used for my Midge doll (Barbie’s best friend) and cut it up to make a vintage apron. Etta needed one for the evening ahead!

As I spent the afternoon working on getting my listings done, Etta went exploring in my ‘stash’.



She found my dishes and knickknacks and was very careful to not knock anything over. Next, like any good woman, she checked out the shoes,



then played for a while in the boxes.



Then it was time for a nap before heading out for the evening.

We were in charge of cooking pancakes and sausages for 75 people! Etta was really looking forward to seeing all the kids, but we were so busy in the kitchen that she never got out into the dining room.



Doesn't Etta look cute in her apron?



After dinner, Etta assisted me at the piano for choir rehearsal . She was so happy to find something in the choir room from her homeland ! I had to explain to her that it wasn’t *from* London, but she was still happy.



After reading one of her favorite bedtime stories (a vintage copy of “The Tale of Peter Rabbit”), Etta got a good night’s rest before taking off on the next leg of her journey – to the great state of New York! Stay tuned for further adventures!

Thanks Jaci -another great adventure for a tiny meerkat! Find more on the Meerkat World Tour Facebook page

and don't forget if you liked the look of something you spotted in Jaci's cupboard, her shops can be found here:
bytheway
bythewayside
bytheby

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Etta seems to have a GREAT time!!

Saskia :)

Jane Carlstrom said...

Such a lovely adventure -- what a very full day. Wow! that Jaci is one busy woman. Etta really pitches in and helps at every stop. The apron is darling.

Beadstylin said...

Ohhhh....cute! I just love the apron! It's always good to see what Etta is up to. -- Jeannie

My Mother's Garden said...

Another fun adventure for Etta! Love the apron, it looks so adorable on her!

Jaci said...

Nifty, thanks so much for posting this! Putting the photos where you did really enlivened the report :)
ByThe...

Natalie said...

I wish I was Etta!!

I've just awarded you the sunshine award :)
http://lissi-natalie.blogspot.com/
x x

Heather Leavers said...

Thanks Natalie! Etta really is a busy girl, thanks to Jaci and all her hosts.

Pamela Zimmerman said...

so fun! Love the dress, Etta!

Unknown said...

So fun to see my little friend Etta! Looks like she had a smashing time!

TeresaM said...

Lucky Etta!!! Love her new skirt!