Monday 8 June 2009

Let's meet... Lindesigns!

Lindi is a fellow Etteam member, and makes beautiful jewellery (although she no doubt spells it "jewelry"!) I know I've used these earrings with the honey bee in at least one treasury!



Quickies for starters:

Cats or dogs?

Dogs, of course! Unfortunately I'm currently dogless as I lost my sweet dalmatian a few months ago. But hope to adopt 1 or 2 dogs soon!

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars!!!!


Fruit or chocolate?

Chocolate - dark!

Favourite colour?

Green

Favourite meal?

Hmm, I have to pick just one?
So far my favorite would be when we bought a roast chicken and potatoes at a French market added some fresh bread and cheese, fruits and pastries and made our own picnic in a nearby park - doesn't get any better than that! :)




City break or weekend in the country?

Since I live in the suburbs, I'd have to say a city break, preferably in Europe! :)

Soaps or documentaries?

Documentaries - although, I'll confess I occasionally watch a soap every so often.



Bath or shower?

Shower, but if I had a jacuzzi tub I would be in that everyday!


Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop (or shops) Do you sell anywhere else?

I starting buying off Etsy in 2007 and decided it might be a good place to try my hand at selling some of my pieces. I spent months reading all the articles I could find on Etsy about opening/running a store/marketing and decided to go for it.

I started out with mainly jewelry and some photos, but have added some accessories lately.
I have not sold anywhere else yet, but plan to get my website up and running soon!


What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?

Any of the items in my Simply Silver Collection, but I like the hammered flower best!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23778723


What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about Etsy) so far?

Finding and joining a group with supportive participants

*Nifty nods in agreement* We love ETTEAM!



If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

Maybe a different shop name...List and renew more often than I did in the beginning - I had no idea how important that was until recently!

How do you see your store developing?

Adding some accessories for men and women
Paring items down to what sells best and not doing too many 'one off' pieces


What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

Making some fabric brooches and jewelry!


What’s your top marketing tip for today?

Go to Timothy Adam Design blogspot for a wealth of information on selling and driving traffic to your shop.

Thanks for that Lindi.

lindesigns.etsy.com

http://www.twitter.com/lindesigns

3 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Nice interview. Have also enjoyed using Lindi's pieces in treasury collections - especially the hammered silver and the fabric flowers. Pleased to get to know Lindi a little better.

Sue said...

Lovely interview - thank you for profiling this talented artisan!

StudioCherie said...

Great to meet you Lindi. You are so sweet to do this for your teammates, Heather.