Friday 25 November 2011

At the beach with ... Professor Brian Cox!


What a surprise!



We went for a walk along the beach at Camber, East Sussex - a gorgeous Autumn morning.


I was snapping the waves and the seagulls when we spotted a group of people clustered around a professional-looking camera. I turned to MrNifty and said (apropos of nothing) "If that's Professor Brian Cox he's on my list, OK?"


As we got nearer - OMG it really WAS Professor Brian Cox *swoon* (click on the pics to enlarge)


This is one of several circles in the sand he drew - according to the roadie they didn't have the budget for a helicopter, just a stick to draw with.


He certainly worked that stick hard though, he drew quite a few circles before settling on a camera-worthy version.



This last is my favourite photo - random dog-walkers wandered straight through the middle of the shot and the dog actually dropped his ball at the feet of the man himself, who kicked it for him. I *knew* I should have obtained a dog...

11 comments:

Dawn Treacher said...

Hubby is a big fan and is very jealous.

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

I think that beats my encounter with the filming of Taggart when I was on my lunchbreak by the river in Glasgow a few years ago! Do you feel much cleverer after looking at the circles in the sand??

AMIdesigns said...

Fab pics and lucky old you :)

Heather Leavers said...

ever so cleverer indeed

Sue Doran said...

Wow, I watch everything he does on TV so when I spot him talking about circles in the sand, I'll be able to say "hey, I read a blog about that and I know where he was!" :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pictures of my daughter, who was directing the shoot with Brian. Your photos were picked up by her researcher

Heather Leavers said...

Oh that's interesting! There were several comments on twitter yesterday, I wondered which of them had picked it up ;-)

Anonymous said...

Forget Coxy, It's little Normy you should be looking out for!

Heather Leavers said...

and you *have* to elaborate on that!

Anonymous said...

It's getting interesting!! Looks as if my other daughter picked up your blog! Her nickname for her sister is"Normy".
Check out STARGAZING BBC2 tomorrow, tuesday and wednesday
They were filming for this when you snapped them.

Heather Leavers said...

Thank you, I have the type of mind that would have gone on wondering about Normy for a long long time! Looking forward to tomorrow's show.