Thursday 24 November 2011

Moving on...



Many of you will know we've been trying to sell our house and relocate to the seaside - well, today is the day we finally give up on that dream for now.

It's been 7 months, we've had two "definite" buyers who have each dropped out. The first lost their own buyers, and the second was wooed away by another (slightly bigger) house in our street suddenly appearing for sale at £15,000 less than ours. Frankly, I'd have chosen that one too! After such a long time of keeping the house spotless, being relentlessly positive and finding somewhere to buy (twice!) we need a break. We'll try again when the market settles down (hollow laughter)

So - we're whistling along with the Monty Python boys "always look on the bright side of life" (nsfw)



I'm also concentrating on getting ready for Christmas! There are still plenty of meerkats in stock in each of my shops: Payvment Zibbet Etsy Folksy

and ... I've been knitting teeny weeny stockings, so until I run out all meerkat orders will come with a stocking for him/her to hang up for Santa!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather

Oh dear I am so sorry to hear about the house hunting saga it is so demoralising My Husbans is trying to sell our house and so far 4 viewings no buyers :( so know how you must feel
still look on the bright side its only 31 days until christmas ha ha

Heather Leavers said...

it's no fun, is it? so many of us in the same boat right now.

joy said...

Oh heather thats really rough on you, when it looked as if you were so close. oAll you can do is just be philosophical, perhaps the right house for you isn't ready for the market just yet.

Marilyn said...

Love the Rudolfs but you're missing a few s's. (Must be the holiday cheer!)
lol

Heather Leavers said...

Thanks Marilyn - no idea what you mean by the "s"s though!

Sue Doran said...

Sorry to hear your bad new, it's very difficult time to sell property at the moment. I'm sure there will be something even better waiting for you in the future. Things happen for a reason.

Chloe said...

Hi my name is Chloe Taylor, you probably won't know me but I liked your blog so much I had to post a comment . Love those socks!!!BYE!

Heather Leavers said...

Hello Chloe!

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.