Monday 14 November 2011

Guess who I'm seeing tomorrow?

YES!



Last time I saw this band it was at Bournemouth Winter Gardens, 1973 I think, the Topographic Oceans tour ... a school trip!

Sadly Rick Wakeman isn't at this gig, but he's being replaced by his son which I think is quite a nice touch. Just discovered Jon Anderson isn't going to be there either :-( but it'll still be fun, a blast from the past.

the "new" lineup talk about this year's album - I'm pleased to hear the new singer has a touch of Jon about him.

5 comments:

Janice Ashworth said...

I don't know much about the band but I loved the art work on their album covers, mostly done by Roger Dean, A lot of his art work I am sure inspired the landscape in Avatar. Enjoy your evening, hope they are brilliant x

Heather Leavers said...

I love the Art too, totally agree about Avatar, when I saw the floaty islands that's exactly what I said. It's also one reason why I love my old vinyls, the covers are big enough to appreciate!

Sue Doran said...

I met Jon Anderson once, he came to my stall in Cambridge Art & Craft market about 4 years ago, he was playing at the Corn Exchange (with Rick Wakeman!) Unfortunately, I didn't go to the gig, he flattered me by saying my dad would probably know who he was! He and his wife were lovely (and Janee even bought some jewellery!) Hope you enjoy the gig, I bet it'll be amazing!

Heather Leavers said...

I am jealous! He was a definite "poster boy" in my dorm at boarding school!

Raige Creations said...

how fun! my brother was a HUGE YES fan. I remember it blaring from his bedroom all the time. Should be a good show. have a great time.