Thursday 3 November 2011

Look what I won!

I was browsing for merchandising material last week, wondering about ordering some badges, when I came across a competition run by Awesome Merchandise. I can't resist trying for freebies, so I set to work. The task was to write a poem about (funnily enough) Awesome Merchandise.

Here's my entry (I know, it's not exactly Poet Laureate)

Banner, badge, keyring or card?
I can’t choose, it’s just too hard!
Caps would be cool, or maybe fridge magnets
I could even order some customised drumsticks

Lighters to wave at arms’ length at gigs
Or for hardened smokers, to light your cigs
Mugs for my coffee, picks for guitars
Mirrors for admiring myself from afar

Posters, postcards, stickers and shirts
There’s so much choice it almost hurts
Zipper pulls, flyers, canvas prints for my art
You’re awesome (you knew that!) you’re the one that I *heart*!


I didn't win (I know, you're surprised) but I did get a goody bag:



I have to say I'm impressed with the range and the quality. It's been 30 years or more since I last needed a lighter, and I confess I nearly set fire to myself trying out my freebie - yep, I held it upside down!

Thanks Awesome Merchandise!
I recommend keeping an eye on their facebook page in case they have any more competitions coming up.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Nice! It's a very good poem. At least you got some nice items.

Heather Leavers said...

thanks sapphire! I'm very pleased to have won the goody bag.

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

So your poem won! well done you!!! (note to self - must enter more competitions :-)