Monday 17 May 2010

It's a wrap!

Way back at the beginning of the year I blogged about Waggling. I wanted to find "red spoon", that little sweetener that will help my buyers want to come back again...and again!

Today's post was inspired by my friend Jane, of GloriousHats.etsy.com who shared her packaging and presentation in a blog post back in March. If you did't see it, I can thoroughly recommend a visit - you'll be inspired too!

I asked some of my Etteam friends to share their presentation of packages:

First to respond was Yael of the Joy of Color

Yael told me "I prefer the personal touch so I add to each item a hand painted or hand made card (by me).


Some are packed in craft boxes and some with craft "wave" carton , it's nice and practical, keeping my flowers safe.


I also add a small leaflet with care instruction and photos of items + 10% off on next buy."



nifty: I'm sure you'll agree Yael's packages look very inviting - and the 10% voucher is definitely a "come back soon"

Next up is Krystle of Dkjewels and Ninjabowtique

She told me "This how I present my items. I use rubber stamps to stamp my shop onto my boxes. I got my stamps made on etsy from JLMould

I have 1 for my Dkjewels shop and 2 for my Ninjabowtique shop. As you can see I use them a lot.



I also buy large 50 yard rolls of organza ribbon from ebay for about $2.50 a roll. :) My boxes are from etsy seller Sudlow



I pack this all in bubble envelopes I get from sams-club (a bulk store here in the USA) I always include a thank you card and business card also.


nifty: Thanks Krystle! I'm particularly interested that you've used Etsy packaging suppliers, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to go and check those stores out.

So - what about niftyknits?

My knits are wrapped in coloured tissue paper and tied with curling gift ribbon. They're then packed in padded envelopes.



Like Yael, I enclose 10% discount vouchers, one for my buyer, and one for a friend. I write a personal code number on each one, so I can keep track.



What about that red spoon? I've also made some button badges and fridge magnets, which will give my buyers a burst of meerkat cuteness every time they go to the fridge!



What about you? What brings your buyers back - or, as a buyer, what thrills you when you open your parcel?

If you're interested in learning more, Etsy has a virtual lab in 12 hours time.

3 comments:

TheJoyofColor said...

Thank you so much Heather for this post,. I love your http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJoyofColor What a great idea.
I'm going to pay a visit to those etsy supplier regarding the boxes and stamps.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Aww Nifty thanks for the very kind remarks, am thrilled to have inspired you. The 3 styles of packing you shared today are wonderful. No wonder so many people like to shop online. Cheers, Jane

Krystle said...

Thank you so much heather for asking us to share. If i may add i sometimes switch up my ribbon color just for fun. And I also include a Free shipping voucher sometimes. My thank you cards are also handmade by me.
This is awesome article thanks for letting me a part of it.
Dkjewels