Thursday 13 May 2010

This is...Reema

from TrendieTreasures.

Favourite colour?

I love the softness of lavender, teal and peach, the depth of reds, blues and greens, the warmth of yellow, orange and brown. Every color has its own beauty, but my all time favorite is white – it’s so pure!

off-white top


Favourite smell?

As a child, I’ve always admired the smell of fresh rain specially after a hot summer day. A few of my other favorites include sandalwood, rose, jasmine, and cinnamon.

Three layered cake skirt


Favourite place?

Fiji is one of my favorite places I’ve visited so far!! Of course, my wish list of places I want to see is very long and growing… I love to travel, so hopefully will see many more soon!

Favourite sound?

OM!! I love to meditate with sound of OM, helps me be calm and composed. Yes, I practice Yoga, would love to teach yoga to kids one day

silk drapes


Favourite way to spend your time?

I love to design girls clothing, my Etsy store is an attempt to give shape to my love for creating kids clothing. It isn’t my full time job, but my passion. When I’m not creating, I would love to be close to nature - take a walk in the woods or relax in hammock with a book.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

Usually everything new I create would become my favorite, but this dress has been very special for me as I was creating it… the colors are very cheerful, the design turned out to be better than I envisioned and my daughter loved it, she will be wearing it for mother’s day tea party where she’ll be doing a performance
Spring is in the air tutu


Favourite shop that isn’t yours?

All artists on Etsy are extremely talented and have great products to offer. It is very hard for me to decide, sorry no one shop comes to my mind as one is better than the other!!

bold and beautful!


What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

I was a shy person living in my own world and enjoying the love of creating, I was under the impression a designer simply had to create and the product will sell itself if it’s worthy. When trying to find an audience online, soon I realized that customers can’t feel the product and try my dresses, they only see the pictures. The pictures are the key and should bring out the best in your product!! Not only that, the presentation has to stand out, online selling is all about social networking. A lesson learned the hard way, lately, I have been more involved in sites which are the platform for social networking…you can find me on FB and Twitter:

http://www.facebook.com/TrendieTreasures
http://twitter.com/trendietreasure
and last but not least, TrendieTreasures

Many thanks Reema - and can I just add, your model is gorgeous and shows off your lovely work beautifully!

6 comments:

TheJoyofColor said...

Hi Remma,so nice to know a bit more about you. I wish i had daughters to dress in your lovely dresses (well i'll have to waite till im a grndm)
Yael

PersimonDreams said...

so nice to meet you! What adorable items!

My Mother's Garden said...

Reema~

What a delight it is to read your interview. I, too, am on the shy and quiet side so I can really relate to everything you said about social networking.

Your daughter is beautiful and I just love the three layered cake skirt. Wishing you continued creativity and success!
~Karrita

Tiffany said...

Wonderful to meet you. Your items are lovely and remind me of what I missed having two boys.

warmnfuzzies.etsy.com

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Ha ha, Reema, you're like me...start sounding like a politician when pinned down to name a fave color! :D
Hugs,
Celeste (Crickets)

TrendieTreasures said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments, love to hear from you all:)