Monday 17 May 2010

This is...Vicki

the first of my new friends from Zibbet to be featured on my blog.

Proverbs 16:24, from one of Vicki's three shops: astitchandaprayer


Favourite colour?
Pink

Pink and Yellow Bead Jewelry Set


Favourite smell?
Strawberry

Favourite place?
Home

Favourite sound?
The sound of the voices of my family and friends.

Favourite way to spend your time?
Praying

Favourite item in your shop of all time?


Paua Shell and Freshwater Pearl Jewelry Set


Why?
I love the colors of the Paua shell and the natural characteristics of the pearls and shell combined. Pearls are absolutely my favorite "gemstones" which is another reason I like this so much. It actually should be in my Denim and Pearls shop but because I already have it listed in LOC Design Studio I don't plan to move it. I'll be making something new with a Paua shell and pearls for Denim and Pearls!

Pastel Freshwater Pearl Necklace


Favourite shop that isn’t yours?
I have several Zibbet friends who have fabulous shops making it impossible to choose just one!
Judy: portablegraffiti and wildgoosechase

Deon: poocheze


Don't these look mouthwatering? Dog biscuits from Poocheze

Jennifer: jewelssosweet and mrssupply


Hair barrette from JewelSoSweet


Why?
All three of these ladies are professional and make customer service their top priority. They are also very creative and their products reflect that creativity!

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?
Patience is a virtue! It takes time and hard work to have your products found. Promoting is a never ending part of the business. If you are not willing or able to put in the time and effort, then avoid the frustration by choosing another vocation! However, with perseverence the rewards are great--if selling your original, handcrafted items online is your heart's desire then go for it!

Horn Ring Jewelry Set


Find Vicki's shops:
locdesignstudio, denimandpearls, and astitchandaprayer

Vicki's blog:
http://locdesignstudio.blogspot.com

Vicki's website:
http://www.astitchandaprayer.com

Vicki's facebook pages:
loc.design.studio,
astitchandaprayer and
Denim-and-Pearls (I don't have a vanity URL yet for this one--need more fans!)

Thanks Vicki - I'm sure we can help you out with a few new fans! I'm always looking for new people to interview, so if you fancy joining my rank of victims please get in touch! And if you'd like to join us on Zibbet, please click on Niftyknits referral link.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful feature!

Portable Graffiti said...

Nice interview Nifty Knits.

And thanks for saying my shops are some of your favorites Vicki.

I think your Denim and Pearls shop is going to famous. Soon as you have it filled email it to Martha Stewart.

Much success to everyone on Zibbet!!!

Judy

Goat Gal said...

I would love to be involved in this feature in the future. My shop address is http://www.zibbet.com/madeonfifthstreet

Waterrose said...

Love that top sampler...but then I'm a sucker for needlework!

Jewels So Sweet said...

Thank you so much for the lovely feature! What fun! I love your blog. You inspire me to get mine a little more personable. Thanks so much. Keep up the great work!
Wishing you the best always,
Jennifer