Sunday 9 May 2010

This is… Yael



who can be discovered at her Etsy shop The Joy of Color
on Twitter: @thejoyofcolor
and on Facebook: Yael on facebook


Favourite colour?


Tough one, I love them all , but if pushed I'll say Blue and Green



Favourite smell?

The smell of a fresh baked Bread, nothing like it to give you an appetite
and I bake a few times a week so I'm in a big problem!

Favourite place?

After my home? Paris is my favorite city, and Portofino Italy is the place to feel the Dolce Vita.



Favourite way to spend your time?

Sitting in a Cafe with my hubby or friends or even just to enjoy the coffee and to look at the people around me.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

Usually it's the latest, and now I really like (if I may say so) my latest Poppy flowers.



Why?

I love them because although simplified I think they keep the grace and passion of the real ones.

Favourite shop that isn’t yours?

Wow, I have so many, you just have to look at my favourite to see. But one I like a lot is the painter Jessica Torrant



"How I believe" by Jessica Torrant

Why?

It's emotional, I love her abstract painting, the way she uses color.

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

I'm still struggling to find my place, but one thing that I don't apply yet very well is time management, to keep the right balance between creating and marketing. That said I'm still far from finding the right marketing strategy but i'm learning something every day.



Thanks Yael! Don't forget, you can find more from the Joy of Color here:
Etsy shop The Joy of Color
on Twitter: @thejoyofcolor
and on Facebook: Yael on facebook

If you would like to be interviewed on my blog, please get in touch through my shops or website ;-)

13 comments:

TheJoyofColor said...

Thank you so much Heather, it came out so nice! with so many photos!!

מדף הספרים של אפי said...

Yael, I always amazed by your beautiful creations! Thanks Heather for the lovely interview.
Good luck and happy creating!!!

Unknown said...

it is wonderful learning more about you, Yael! I love the clear brightness of your work! Your shop is very well named!

Hello there! My name is June said...

THose flowers are so lovely! I love your bold use of color! It makes your work so cheery!

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Yael, I love your answer to the "Why?" question!! :)
Hugs,
Celeste (Crickets)

Tracy Yarkoni said...

Fantastic - short but sweet! Your pieces are lovely & the colors so vibrant and full of life ;) Thanks for letting us get to know you!

Waterrose said...

Wonderful interview....what great favorite cities!

Helen Smith said...

I love the clay flowers - especially the poppies - they are beautiful!

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Beautiful pieces. I love the use of colour and simple shapes. Nice to get to know a little more about the artist : )

Unknown said...

What a wonderful interview with such a talented creator. Thanks so much for the great compliment Yael. You made my day!

Lauren said...

I love Yael's pieces! Just beautiful..

leapinggazelle said...

Wonderful interview! I love your shop and your colorful sense of style.

My Mother's Garden said...

Great interview! I love the simple beauty of Yael's flowers!