Thursday 4 February 2010

This is...

Pipistrelle Crochet Design (Debs)



Favourite colour?

Dark green

Favourite smell?

Mint sauce

Favourite place?


A very special field in a village in Lincolnshire. It's a place where all you can see is the earth and the sky.



Favourite sound?

At the moment, New Model Army! But more generally, birdsong and especially the cawing of rooks and crows.

Favourite way to spend your time?

With my husband and young son, all together, relaxing.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

The green embellished hanging heart.



Why?

There's something quite wild and flowing about it, and it hints at a direction my work will be going in more and more in the future. It reflects my personality far more than neat little pieces! I'm planning to start experimenting with freeform crochet, and trying to depict landscapes and nature.

Favourite shop that isn’t yours? (Apart from Niftyknits, obviously!)

I really love Bodkin and Bead's rich colours and textures:

Silk brooch from Bodkin and Bead



and Kate Broughton's simple bird designs:

bird badges



(Niftyknits notes that Kate is a fellow meerkat appreciator!)

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

It sounds really boring, but it's probably to try and take really good photographs of your stock. When I first started I only had a camera phone to take the pictures with, so they weren't brilliant. Then I was lucky enough to be given a second hand digital camera and I've been having great fun working out how it works (it didn't come with instructions!) and trying to get better pictures with it. They're still not as good as I'd like them to be, but I'm getting there.

Links:
Shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/muddybarefeet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pipistrelle-Crochet-Design/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pipistrellecd
Blog: http://pipistrellecrochetdesign.blogspot.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddybarefeet/

4 comments:

Hilary said...

photography is really important - I agree - wish someone would buy me a new camera, the glass in front of the lens fell out of mine the other day, it now has selotape holding it together!

Deb said...

Thanks for this Nifty, it's great to be featured on your blog! :D xx

Heather Leavers said...

oh poor haptree - selotaped camera is not good ;-(

BodkinandBead said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me on your blog. so gratifying to realise that fellow crafters notice my items. Good luck and best wishes