Sunday 21 February 2010

Meerkat Harry Hill on UK TV!



Finally my secret is out! Harry Hill's TV show is holding a knitting competition - the K factor.

This is what they said: "If you think you’ve got the K Factor, email in a photo of your knitted item and we’ll choose our favourites to feature on the show each week.
You’ll be able to vote for your favourite each week and the overall winner of the K Factor Final at the end of the series will take home 8 balls of wool, a TV Burp book and DVD, a bag of Harry’s Nuts, your very own knitted character and the coveted K Factor Trophy. "

I sent in a photo of my Harry Hill Meerkat, designed and knitted by me:



Last week's winner was the fabulous Tommy Trundle, designed by Alan Dart, this week they chose to feature just knitted Harry Hills...and I received a request to send in my little knitted chappy! Here he is on the sofa with lots of other knitted Harry Hills and knitted Holly Willoughby.



I'm told the video is only viewable by UK residents, but as soon as I spot it on youtube I will post a link!


Please vote for me, Heather Leavers! Voting closes on Tuesday 23rd.

I've already received requests from fans of Harry Hill and meerkats, so expect to see him coming to my shops soon!

Niftyknits.etsy.com
Niftyknits.folksy.com

23 comments:

Deb said...

This is so brilliant - well done! :D

Jane Carlstrom said...

What a treat! Your meerkats are marvelous, and so original. It sure would be fun if you get to take a bag of Harry's nuts to the next pub night. :D

Throwing down a vote on meerkat Harry. Best wishes Heather.

Anonymous said...

We've voted and I think we may have to purchase a Meerkat Harry...Connor is just mad about it and says your amazing and we agree you should receive the sunshine award :)


http://birgittadesignz.blogspot.com/

One Off Needlework said...

Meerkat Harry Hill puts the others in the shade! Of course I'm voting for you.

Unknown said...

Voted for you. Very funny and worth winning. Good Luck! PhatGrrl

Sophie said...

I saw!!! :D I missed it last night but I'd heard your meerkat had been on, so I made sure I watched it this morning. How exciting, well done :)

Andreanna glamasaurus said...

I voted for you! Good luck:D

Amy V. said...

Voted for you! (And hubby loved the Superman and Wonder Woman meerkat card I gave him for Valentine's day!)

sassypackrat said...

So exciting for you! Yours is the most orginal design and I'm sure you will win. And yes of course I did vote for you.

FairlyGirly said...

I saw it last night and have now voted for you. Good Luck!

leapinggazelle said...

Your Harry is so unique and amazing! I'm so excited for you. Best of luck :)

Unknown said...

I've voted, I love your meerkat Harry, it's definitely the most original of the lot!

Heather Leavers said...

thanks everyone!

Sharon said...

Nifty, after you made that spectacular Morris Dancing meerkat for me, I hope you already know how much I think you rock!

I'm so thrilled about Harry! Yayyy!

Unknown said...

just voted for you, by far the best!! x

dotterypottery said...

well done Heather - I voted for you yesterday - really hope yours wins x

Sneddonia said...

Yeah, what One Off Needlework said :P

Just watched the repeat and went "Yaaay" when Meerkat Harry came on :D

Pamela Zimmerman said...

so exciting! I tried again, and you are right, it won't play that UK video for me (rats.) YOu have reached a new high, for sure!
pamela

BeadyPool said...

Fab Heather - been and voted x

Sarah said...

I'll be voting for you ~ fantastic, it made me laugh; truly brillant. You've got to win with this little fella!
Best wishes, Sarah.

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

I already voted, and holding my fingers crossed :o)

Dottie said...

That was so funny! Missed it on the tele!

I've voted for you!

Good luck & great blog

Dottie x

noodleBubble said...

Only just seen this - have VOTED, facebooked a link, tweeted and done a blog post -
http://noodlebubble.blogspot.com/2010/02/vote-for-heather-on-k-factor.html

WOW

Well done and GOOD LUCK!!!!