Monday 7 September 2009

This is ... Nora of

norakaren.etsy.com and HerenciaVintage.etsy.com



Favourite colour?

I'm torn between black,my faithful partner in clothing and shoes and the two other good friends: green (in all the color palette) and hot pink,a true loyal pal for a blonde gal.



Favourite smell?

Another difficult question because there are too many but I'm going to stick with Vera Wang for Women,the bakery smell and the gas station smell.

Favourite place?

The Beach. Being close to the ocean makes me feel closer to God.



Favourite sound?

Music,in many shapes and forms. I guess 80's music is my favorite because I'm an 80's girl.

Favourite way to spend your time?

Painting and designing. Even in dreams I get ideas and my night sleep comes filled with creations. Followed by spending time with my hubby,kids and friends.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

My peacock painting in any form or outfit. I'm in love with that gorgeous peacock.



Why?

Because the Peacock is the King of Birds. I love birds.In the spanish language we call it Pavo Real( something like Royal Turkey). We really call it royalty. It is so powerful,so glamorous,the colors of royalty and the way it displays its wings,tells you that you can't avoid looking or stop staring at it.
It is an object on inspiration and see it in so many possibilities makes me happy and proud.(In a good way)



Favourite shop that isn't yours?
My favorite shops are very different but all related through Fashion
www.DaintycrochetbyAly.etsy.com Incredible crocheted pieces
www.eclettica.etsy.com Haute Glamour in Jewelry
www.attiladesign.etsy.com Out of this world!

Why?

Pretty much I added a description of the 3 of them. But basically they are proffesionals in the way they work with detail,excelence and glamour.
They have very different styles but they are the best in their kind (in my point of view)

What has been the most useful lesson you've learnt so far that you'd like to pass on to our readers?

I could say with total honesty that selling online like in many other phases of life requires time,patience,devotion,sacrifice,being constant and working with excellence, from answering a convo,to shipping and compromising with your job.



Thanks Nora!
norakaren.etsy.com
HerenciaVintage.etsy.com
Norakaren on facebook
http://twitter.com/norakaren
nora-handpainted.blogspot.com

15 comments:

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

I love the peacocks!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Fun interview. Have enjoyed NoraKaren's work on Etsy for some time now - the sheer joy of the pieces pops out of the screen.

Anonymous said...

I love the peacocks to. Great interview!
Shay

My Mother's Garden said...

Another great interview! I love Nora's unique style.

Jaci said...

Nora, I just love your work! And your love of the peacock shows in your artistic endeavors :)
ByThe...

Nora said...

aw..thanks so much,what an honor and a pleasure my dear friend!
Love the feature and I feel flattered for being here!

Asianexpressions said...

Great interview! I love Nora's work.

Art by Kristen Stein said...

A wonderful interview of a super-talented woman. Love the peacock and the owl! -kristen

Anonymous said...

It's always lovely to learn more about a talented person, especially when it involves one with such a great warm and fun personality like Nora!
Love Debra x

my little Aura said...

Great interview! I love Nora's work, she's really talented :)

Amy Gunderson said...

What a fun interview. Nora is very talented. She has her own unique style and I love her use of color.Way to go Nora!

Victoria Webb said...

Great interview...we knew her work was beautiful, it's nice to hear about her inspirations!

Beth said...

I am so late to the post but I loved hearing about Nora! What fun questions!

leslee6 said...

Go Nora... Go Nora... Go Nora!
Nice : )

Art by Kristen Stein said...

Lovely items from a lovely person. I enjoyed the fun interview! -kristen