Thursday 21 January 2010

This is ... Susie

of Lynwood Jewellery

Favourite colour?

Bluey Green, maybe, but I also like purple and white



Favourite smell?


A summers day, ahh... a distant memory now

Favourite place?

My bed when it's warm and snuggly and I have no worries

Favourite sound?

My dog snoring or my grandson snoring (similar)

Favourite way to spend your time?

Making jewellery (of course!)



Favourite item in your shop of all time?

A piece I made which was composed of lots of silver discs joined together to form the focal piece of a necklace. Took me ages to do, I made loads of mistakes during the process, but it looked really good on when it was finally done. When I sold it I felt quite sad, silly really.

Why?

I liked the way it hung mainly. However, I'm working on some new pieces based on mythology and ancient peoples and one of them called 'Homage to the un God' which is nearly complete, will become my new favourite.

Favourite shop that isn’t yours? (Apart from Niftyknits, obviously!)

MrsGKnits - I'm her biggest fan and of course Nifty Knits can't be beaten when it comes to making the cutest of cutsie pies ever!

Why?



Nuno Felt Scarf by MrsGKnits

MrsG makes the most beautiful scarves and woolies, she uses Alpaca and mohair and other good stuff and they feel so soft. And Nifty Knits - well I think I said it already.

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

Persevere and market yourself by any means possible as it's a busy market place out there -especially jewellery and it is easy to become invisible amonst all the other shops. Also understand tagging and the types of words your audience will use when looking for your type of work.



Niftyleaps in with a handy link here: this blog article from Etsy Treasury team has many tagging tips that will apply just as well to folksy


Find Suzie here:
Lynwood Jewellery
Twitter: @suzesjewels
Blog: http://lynwoodjewelry.wordpress.com/

8 comments:

Susiem (Lynwood Jewellery) said...

Thanks Nifty!!

Susie XXX

Kris the Dreamer said...

What a fun way to do a feature! Loved it! Best wishes to you both, fantastic stuff :)

Kris (DreamBubbles)

MrsGKnits said...

Thank you for including me. I'm so thrilled to be Susie's favourite Folksy shop! Agnes x

Unknown said...

Hey! great post! Suze's jewellry is beautiful!

Chicita said...

Lovely article. Fab pics and so interesting to find out about Folksy folk in greater detail!

Chicita

jennyflowerblue said...

Great interview, as always. You are the Frost of the blog world! I have an award for you over at my place. x

Heather Leavers said...

LOL jennyflower, I can't imagine Frost asking "...and your favourite smell, Prime Minister?"

Sue said...

Love that felted scarf by mrs G !!