Friday 15 January 2010

This is...haptree!



Favourite colour?

I like all sorts of colours but green is an essential colour for me to see - a bit like seasonal adjustment disorder, without seeing trees, leaves or at least some lawn I feel very low.



Favourite smell?

gin and tonic with a slice of lime or coriander freshly cut for a curry

Favourite place?

My family home in North Wales where I grew up and still visit as often as possible

Favourite sound?

My children giggling



Favourite way to spend your time?

with family, friends and wine

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

ummmm.... I like all my stuff, I can't choose one!

Why?

Because I spent ages choosing the fabrics and honing the designs until they were precisely what I wanted - they look simple but a lot of thought and effort has gone into them all.

Favourite shop that isn't yours? (Apart from Niftyknits, obviously!)
HiddenEloise



Hide n Seek by Hidden Eloise

Why?

Beautiful imagery that makes you feel 15 and a bit tingly and emotional!


What has been the most useful lesson you've learnt so far that you'd like to pass on to our readers?

Branding makes a big difference as it helps to make you appear more professional. Online you need people to remember you and your style so that they come back and want to make repeat purchases, especially if your items look like a collection. It's not about being someone other than yourself just concentrating who you are into an intense liquor so that people will remember you.

Niftyknits bought some purses from Haptree for Christmas stockings, and I totally back what she says about branding. The purses cam wrapped in tissue paper wand with a sweet little branded band around them:



The all-important links:

http://haptreeandme.blogspot.com/

Haptree at Folksy

haptree on Twitter

craftbloguk on Twitter

Haptree at Etsy

www.haptree.co.uk brand new website!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

THANKS NIFTY! I feel like part of the craft world glitterati now :o)

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love Haptree!!!!!

Fee said...

Great post! I love Haptree's idea of the parcel 'sleeves'.

Caitlin said...

Very neat!
... speaking of branding... **sigh**