Monday 11 January 2010

Meerkats on the radio!

Last week I visited the Old Loom Mill in Hailsham to meet Felix, ace reporter for The Hub in Oxford

I took along a little meerkat who is going to be the mascot for the radio show this year - what an honour!



Eagle-eyed Folksy sellers will spot a Folksy Festive Sampler on the table with us!



(Click on the player to hear the interview)



Follow the hub on facebook

Felix's meerkat blog posts playing in the snow and interview with NiftyKnits

Meet Felix on twitter

Join the meerkat fangroup!

6 comments:

Dig The Earth said...

Go Nifty! Well done! I will listen to it tonight when I'm at home :D

Felix said...

I am loving having the Meerkat around! Today I am teaching him/her (still uncertain!) about 2-handed coloour knitting! :-) Thanks so much again for meeting with me and knitting us our mascot; the whole team are really excited and I can't wait for next week's show when they will get to physically meet Meerkat and argue over who gets to be Meerkat babysitter *next* week! I shall send you over my longer version of the interview right now in case you want to use that anywhere.

Cheers!

Felix said...

sorry I appear to have lost my spelling/grammar skillz.

I meant colour not coloour - although I am sure 2-handed coloour knitting is also good?

...and next week when the Hub Team meet, we will of course be arguing over who gets to play with Meerkat the *following* week.

Dear me. Next time I start commenting on blogs I should lay off the coffee beforehand.

EHillson said...

Well done Nifty!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Oh, what a fun read and listen.

Waterrose said...

Great interview Nifty! I liked when you said that knitting was one of the quietest things that you do.