Saturday 2 January 2010

my new toy

We splashed out on Photoshop Elements for Christmas. It's a steep learning curve! I'm trying very hard to take it one step at a time, and not try to learn it all in one go - but my favourite tool right now is the magic extractor, which gets rid of mucky backgrounds.

Here's before:



and here's after:



What I need to do next is make sure I've removed all stray whisps of filling before taking the photo!

I made myself a new Etsy banner though, which I'm pretty proud of.



Onwards and upwards!

7 comments:

Lindsay / LBOStudio said...

Your banner looks great! I didn't know about magic extractor. Thanks for the tip!

The Bunny Maker said...

I have PS and I love it more than anything. its frustrating when I can't work out how to do something and I've no idea what it can do either but it is my favourite 'fiddling around' thing.
Right now i'm loving the drop shadow efffect for text.

Kate said...

Phew! So glad its not just me that does the *just in case*!

Love the banner, you did a great job.

Happy New Year!

B x

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Tons of fun await, yay for PS!

Eline Oftedal said...

I love your work and you are so clever that PS will come natural to you in no time i am sure.

Have fun and a great 2010!

Heather Leavers said...

managed to drop a "magically extracted" pic onto a different background today - my goodness PS is fun!

nelliD said...

oh wow what a difference, I may have to look into that..I love your banner too x