Thursday 18 March 2010

Community hugs!

I've just had one of those moments!

My daughter bought some pretty beads and made me two bracelets for Mothers Day...but they were too small. She also gave me some leftover beads, and admitted she hadn't been able to get the elastic through the holes, hence the "too smallness".

Not being a jeweller, I turned to the Folksy forum. Before long, I had a range of possibilities. Aeris Designs told me the tool I needed to enlarge the holes was a reamer (I'd never heard of such a thing) and showed me where to get one.

Beadypool suggested I used thinner cord (a very sensible idea)

And then Zoe from JewelBox asked for my address so that she could send me some reamers! I've spent a happy hour reaming away, and now have two bracelets that fit! Thank you everyone!

Zoe is currently in need of some perfumery advice on her blog: http://thejewel-box.blogspot.com



Abalone shell pendant from JewelBox

2 comments:

Cecca said...

Ahh, that's a lovely story!
I hadn't heard of a bead reamer either, looks like a nifty tool ;-)

Christals Creations said...

I really need to get a bead reamer or two. I have been meaning to for months and this has prompted me. xx