Thursday 25 March 2010

This is Michele

from www.Misha.folksy.com and www.MishaBride.folksy.com



Favourite colour?
Turquoise

Favourite smell?
The sea

Favourite place
?
Barcelona

Favourite way to spend your time?
Apart from spending time with my two lovely sons, I can’t single out any one of these….creating new jewellery designs, visiting my local vintage clothes shop, scouring charity and junk shops, pottering about in my garden and allotment and coming up with new decorating schemes for the house.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

Wow, that’s a really tough one! Almost every bridal commission that I finish is my favourite item at the time……. If I were to look back, I could probably pick out a few of my bridal favourites…



www.micheledawn.co.uk


If I had to pick favorites from my current items for sale, it would probably be these:

Silver & diamante hair vine – converts to choker

www.folsky.com/shops/misha


One of my latest statement necklaces

www.folksy.com/shops/misha

Blue Spring Cuff – one of a new collection of seasonal themed pieces



www.micheledawn.co.uk

Favourite shop that isn’t yours?

Another really tough question as there are so many…. I absolutely love Amanda Mercer’s shop! I have bought a couple of her ceramic buttons! If I had to fault her shop at all, I’d say that the photos don’t do her work justice!



I love the shop because she has a real identity; I love the way she effortlessly blends textile with ceramic. Her work is gorgeous, unmistakably hers… so pretty, fragile and feminine!









What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

Promotion …. which I am gradually getting better at! (I’m a bit of a tecchie dinosaur really).

I never go anywhere without wearing a piece of my jewellery or carrying my business cards so that I don’t miss an opportunity of a direct sale.



I try to be listed with as many free online directories as I can.

I always have plenty of cards/flyers to give away at exhibitions and craft fairs.

I have been selling online for the past 10 years, starting off with my own website and an ebay shop. I joined etsy about 3 years ago, but I have to say that I haven’t really paid enough attention to it, which is reflected in poor sales!

I joined Folksy at the beginning of this year and am now totally addicted! I haven’t notched up many sales yet….. but I’m optimistic! I have a new range of vintage inspired statement pieces in the pipeline, so watch this space!

Thanks Michelle! Find more of Misha's lovely work here:
www.Misha.folksy.com
www.MishaBride.folksy.com
www.micheledawn.co.uk

http://www.nestandnettle.co.uk
Nest and Nettle facebook
twitter
Misha.etsy.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Heather..... You are a star!! :-)

Michele x

Hilary said...

Such pretty stuff, I like the fact they are called hair 'vines' they do look just like vines twirling around.

Good luck on Folksy :o)

Amanda said...

Lovely as always Michele, your work is great. Can't wait to see your new display at your forthcoming craft fairs!

Amanda x

dotterypottery said...

Your work is so beautiful - I absolutely love your hair vines.

Jane Carlstrom said...

WOW, beautiful work. The first collar is absolutely awesome.

Unknown said...

Nice blog, I've nominated you for a sunshine award, link to my blog for details. I posted the first bit about this award about 3 posts back so that's where the details are. Cheers Ley