Friday 26 March 2010

My daughter jumped out of a plane!

Yes, she really did. She did a charity sky dive last weekend to raise money for a Rose Road playscheme for children with special needs. The jump had been planned for February, but after they arrived and had the requisite training the weather became too poor.



She particularly liked the hat :-)



For someone who doesn't like heights she looks remarkably cheerful!



Oh good grief.



I was obviously nervous on her behalf but it wasn't until I saw the photos that I suddenly realised it hadn't occurred to me she'd actually be higher than the clouds!



Thanks goodness - they remembered the chute!



She even had a go at "steering"!



Such a long way down...



Terra Firma! Finally I get to be a relieved and very proud parent :-D



Well done Sarah! She raised over £400, more details on her JustGiving page.





You may notice from the comments Haptree just reminded me I forgot the obligatory meerkat pic!

14 comments:

Sophie said...

My brother did a skydive for charity a few years ago - and a couple of years before that he did a bungee jump whilst on a lads holiday. I can't think of anything worse to be honest! So well done to your daughter, what a brilliant cause.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful experience this must have been for your daughter! I think I will stick to charity walks though.

Sandy

Hilary said...

wow, would love to do that - great photos well done Sarah. I notice the lack of meerkat mascot?!

Heather Leavers said...

bother - thanks for that haptree, I did indeed make a parachuting meerkat for her and completely forgot to add the photo!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Woohoohoo! That is very impressive, and looks like amazing fun. I wonder if I will ever gather the nerve to this myself..

sassypackrat said...

If my daughter ever did that I hope she wouldn't tell me until after it was over cause I don't think my heart could take it! It's wonderful that your daughter did it to raise money for a charity!

joy said...

well done sarah, and well done proud mum. my sister did the same, and my mum didn't want to know when it was happening until afterwards.

Hilary said...

ahhh, that's better!

FairlyGirly said...

Well done Sarah ~ it makes me go weak just thinking about it!!

irishsetter said...

well done her and love the meerkat

Jane Carlstrom said...

Oh how sweet. Love both jumpers - daughter and meerkat.

Niftyknits' Daughter!! said...

Wooooo! It was amazing. And mum... It's your turn next ;) x x x

Heather Leavers said...

LOL you must be joking - I don't even like sitting in planes, let alone jumping out of them. anyway, I haven't got a passport ;-)

Anonymous said...

holly crap!! I would have to change my bloomers after that! Great pics!!

pjlacasse