Wednesday 25 February 2009

I'm going to be a granny!

Bet that got my kids' attention!

When I looked out of the window this morning I had to rush straight out to the pond...



Our first frog spawn of the season!

Last year was our first spring as "pond owners" and I was worried that the frogs wouldn't find us. They did, of course. Must have been the signs I put up eveywhere...



Some of last year's tadpoles "forgot" to change into frogs, and were still swimig around, legless, in November. No sign of them now, however.

Can't wait for my new babies to arrive!

10 comments:

Bigbluebed said...

Congratulations on your babies..sorry...grandchildren frog thingies.

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

How exciting! Don't forget to knit a little hat for each of them.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Congrats on your froggy babies :)

My Inspired Reality said...

Hope all the little tadpoles make it this year:):)

Unknown said...

*lol* So cute - and what a neat photo, I've never seen frog eggs before!

Waterrose said...

OH my goodness that cracked me up. We have a lot of frog around here in the fall...but they are desert frogs.

Beadstylin said...

Awww...my favorite animal! We have seven pet toads ourselves. Congrats!

louise35flower said...

Lucky you! we have frogs in our pond but no babies yet. Will you be knitting them bootees?

twenty pound tabby said...

Ooooh,

My fish eat all of my frog spawn.

Barbara M said...

Such a cute blog - I might even get to like tapioca pudding, now! (Or maybe not).