Wednesday 18 February 2009

Let's meet...Skully!

I first came across Lynne on Folksy, tracked her to Etsy and now discover that she's gone to Artfire! She has a stunningly beautiful family member who models her knitwear...



Cats or dogs?
Cats.

Favourite colour?
Purple or orange

City break or weekend in the country?
Weekend in a field with a group of fire spinners/hoopers.

WHAT? *niftyknits steps back, mouth open*


Lynne assures me there are people holding the burning thingies. I think I'll stick to knitting!


Soaps or documentaries?
Neither, TV bores me

Bath or shower?
Bath… umm.. or if you are utterly filthy dirty shower followed by a bath.



What brought you to Etsy?

I joined Etsy after finding it through a friend. After a long year and a half of trying to get the site changed to run in a more internationally friendly way, I closed up shop and moved to Artfire. Etsy struck me as having very little knowledge of customer service and is completely America-centric. Their inability to change every $ sign to US$ on their site proves this. They offer no reason why they won’t change it and it seems obvious to me that they do not understand why it needs to be changed despite having explained to them over and over. Their lack of communication and attempts at blinding their customers to issues going on by setting up fish making contests and posting up cupcake recipes instead of informing people what is going on just made me feel it was time to leave.


Artfire is still in the very early stages of being built. The Admin there bend over backwards to communicate with their customers to let them know what is being built, what has been built, what problems there are and they listen when their customers talk to them. They aren’t afraid to say “oops we slipped up there, thank you for pointing out that error” either, which is refreshing. I know for now the site isn’t running smoothly, but I can see a bright future and feel that their plans of how the site will be run is more in keeping with my own hopes for the PiratePixieCrew . Jumping onboard with the site so early on has its benefits and its drawbacks, but over all the benefits outweigh the problems.

I'm sure you'll be keen to see more of Lynne's work in her
shop. I can also highly recommend her blog,
Autonomous Artisans, where I was honoured to be featured last month. Find out more about Lynne here

4 comments:

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

Ooo... Thank you for the feature! The thingies are fire poi, fire staffs and fire hula hoops. It's not as crazy as it looks.... honestly :D

Jane Carlstrom said...

The dreds are really neat.

The Silver Dog said...

That little sheep is cute! Great post :)

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

What a lovely feature! Great knits, so very colorful and cheerful.