Friday 20 February 2009

Let's meet...MidnightCoiler!

I met Lynn through Etteam and have grown to love her shop full of gourds, fiber, carving and pottery.

I wanted to find out more about the woman behind the counter...

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Beam me up!

*niftyknits grins widely and holds her hand up in that wierd Vulcan finger salute*

Fruit or chocolate?
definitely the big C

Favourite colour?
orange


Favourite meal?
Vegetarian- Indian food- Saag paneer, channa masala & naan .... yum!

City break or weekend in the country?
I live in the country, so the occasional city trip is fun.


What brought you to Etsy?
My husband suggested I give it a go. I've sold at shows for years and at our local Arts Council. This year I've decided not to do the shows.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?
Most often whatever I'm working on at the time. I'm proudest of the ones that have won awards.

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far?
That you have to promote to sell.

How do you see your store developing?
My store will reflect the most current state of my imagination as I continue to discover my target market here on Etsy through exposure and promotion. Right now my raw gourds are my best sellers, and I'll continue to offer more of these in the future.



I'll keep working in the mediums I love, while experimenting with ways to make my work more appealing to a broader range of buyers.


What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?
I've been here on the computer all day, so you are already part of what I'm doing!

What’s your top marketing tip for today?
Always put a time limit on a special offer.

Thank you! That last tip sounds heartfelt! Find Lynn's shop here and learn more in her blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vegetarian - Indian food? Lynn will definitely love Hansas here in Leeds :) Whenever you're in the neighbourhood...

Chrisy said...

This is a craft that I know little about so thanks for the info.

Valerie said...

Great feature and just visited MidnightCoiler's Etsy shop - her work is truly stunning!

Midnightcoiler said...

Heather, Thanks for this lovely spot in your blog! Sinta, I'll be right over. Hi Chrisy, nice to meet you.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing all bout Lynn :)

Nora said...

great ,impressive,love to know more about her