Friday 4 June 2010

This is…Unique Inspirations

from My Unique Inspiration on Etsy.

Quote sign


Favourite colour?

Well this is a more complicated question than you might think it should be. At the moment, it's cobalt blue to wear, red for the house (every house should have a red wall somewhere), and pink simply because I LOVE it. Lately, green has been way up there in my favs also. It is such a happy color :)

Favourite smell?

Oh this is easy... Chanel Mademoiselle. My great grandmother wore Chanel, and I take after her in so many ways, it just follows that Chanel would be my scent of choice as well. Oh, and a close second is the smell of coffee ready before I get out of bed in the morning.


Dance Live Love wallhanging


Favourite place?

DISNEYLAND. Hands down. I used to go there all the time as a child and even now when we need a "girls weekend" my grandma, mom, sister, and I still go. That place holds more happy memories than I can even count.

Favourite sound?

The sound of the words "I Love You" being spoken. I think that they are important and everyone should hear them and speak them at least once a day :)

Love



Favourite way to spend your time?


This is impossible to answer with just one thing. I love to read (it relaxes me) I love to hike, camp, climb, run, bike, cook, create, and relax with friends. I can't pick just one thing!

Favourite item in your shop of all time?

I always think that I have a "favorite" set of letters, but then I make something new that tops it. Right now my favorite is the brightly colored LAUGH sign.

Laugh


Why?

Because it reminds us of the importance of laughter and joy in our lives. Plus the colors and papers are amazing. I am out of most of those papers so that is a one of a kind sign. I have thought about pulling it and keeping it for myself, but lets be honest here- I have more signs around my house than necessary.

Favourite shop that isn’t yours?

This is a hard one! There are so many amazing artists on Etsy. I have been following this photographers work for the longest time, Irene Suchocki, and I am absolutely in love with her work.


follow your bliss by Irene Suchoki



MySelvagedLife has some of the most incredible jewelry and I also love PomLove's poms.

Why?

Each of these artists are so unique, creative, and talented! How could I not love them? One thing Etsy has made me realize is the importance of supporting fellow artists... That means taking the time to make purchases online and supporting people whose work I really believe in.


Family


What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far that you’d like to pass on to our readers?

It's a lot of hard work, but you get to interact with some amazing people as well as discover some incredible artists. Like I said above, I have completely changed my mentality about where I will spend my money. Local artists and fellow crafter's are where its at! Also I have learned about the importance of building a community around me. For me, it is less about SELL SELL SELL and more about finding out about other people and building connections that eventually may -or may not- lead to sales (and that goes both ways!)People have so much to offer other people in the way of ideas, connections, advice, and friendships. Ultimately, people are what are important, not sales.

Thank you - inspiring sentiments from My Unique Inspiration! I totally agree about needing and valuing our online communities (especially Etteam xxx) but for me, sales are pretty important (or we don't eat!)

find My Unique Inspiration on her blog, on facebook and on twitter,
and of course in her Etsy shop where a few new products are offered with free worldwide shipping!

10 comments:

Krystle said...

Loved learning more about you! Wonderful article

Midnightcoiler said...

So great to learn more about Candace. I agree about building connections with people. Glad you're in our team!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Colorful and heart warming.

Jaci said...

Loved getting to know you a little better!

leapinggazelle said...

What a wonderful interview. It's so nice to know more about you Candace. I share your love for words :)

My Mother's Garden said...

So nice to learn about you and your inspirations, Candace! Your work is lovely... we all need those gentle reminders to play, laugh, and love.

TeresaM said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us!!!

So nice to meet you!

Waterrose said...

Great interview and I love Irene's pieces as well.

TheJoyofColor said...

Candance i enjoyed this intervie so much and cann'ot agree more about building and taking part in the comunity, i found some wonderful friends (who i never met or probably will meet as i live in Israel) all around who supports and inspire me

Tasi said...

Lovely interview!
She is a great artist with a lot of talent!