Saturday 30 May 2009

Let's meet...MOLLIMOO



I met Tina from Mollimoo through her folksy shop, but she can be found all over the place - as we shall see!

Quickies for starters:

Cats or dogs?
Dogs

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Wars

*boo* says nifty ;-)

Fruit or chocolate?
ooh, Chocolate!



Favourite colour?
turquoise

Favourite meal?
Ginger chicken curry....mmmm

City break or weekend in the country?
weekend in the country

Soaps or documentaries?
Documentaries



Bath or shower?
Shower

Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Folksy? Tell us about your shop (or shops) Do you sell anywhere else?
I discovered Folksy last October whilst browsing other people's blogs. I love making fabric buttons & thought what a great place to sell them! What I especially like about making buttons is hunting for unique, vintage fabric from thrift shops & giving it a new little life. The thought that some of my buttons will then go on to embellish someone else's project or even just end up in someone's treasured button collection is wonderful. I'm working on adding brooches & knitted items to my shop as my first love is knitting. I also sell on Coriandr.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?
My favourite buttons are the vintage yellow rose buttons. Someone had made this fabric into a side board cover with lace around & it had ended up in a thrift shop. It is so dainty & pretty!




What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about online selling) so far?
The most useful lesson I've learnt is that you have to constantly produce new items to list & sell....obvious, I know! I've also learnt that you have to put yourself out there to get noticed by joining different groups, forums & blogging.

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?
I would not spend so much time browsing at everyone else's beautiful products all the time. I did it so much at the beginning that it, quite literally, frightened me! I felt so intimidated at the great quality & originality that it made me have a mental block. Now, I just get on with it.




How do you see your store developing?
Well, I plan to broaden the range of what I sell. I am working on brooches, knitted items, pin cushions, drawstring bags & plushies. I just need to find more hours in the day to make them all!

What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?
The school run. I have 2 children, 5 & 2. It's not easy making items when you are cooking, dressing, bathing, feeding, playing & organising....I do love it though.

What’s your top marketing tip for today?
Professional looking photos are important. Blog regularly, dress up your shop & blog in a distinctive, pretty way. Put yourself out there & don't be shy. Network as much as you can. Always believe you are good enough.


Great advice Tina, thank you. Here are the links again:
Folksy shop
http://mollimoo.blogspot.com/
info@mollimoo.co.uk
http://www.coriandr.com/shop?seller_id=499

5 comments:

theothermousie said...

Thanks Nifty, that was interesting finding out a little bit more of Mollimoo. I'm a big fan of her craft work & she is also one of the friendliest craft folk around too!

Jane Carlstrom said...

A lovely and enjoyable interview. Sweet and very pretty work, light and feminine; liking it very much.

Here Pretty Kitty said...

That was a fab interview and lovely photos of Mollimoo's items as usual.

Kitschy Coo said...

Another great interview, thanks!

Nicola said...

Great interview!!