Saturday 9 May 2009

Let's meet...AREjewellery.etsy.com



Amy makes fabulous jewellery which she sells both on Etsy and Folksy. Let's find out more about her:

Cats or dogs?
I love cats but I’m too allergic to own one.

Fruit or chocolate?
Chocolate – my mini eggs addiction will ruin me.

Favourite colour?
Raspberry red



Favourite meal?
Thai curry or risotto

City break or weekend in the country?
City break probably – although both would be nice!

Soaps or documentaries?
Both again! I am a bit of a tv addict!



Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop, do you sell anywhere else?
I honestly can’t remember how I discovered Etsy (terrible memory!). www.AREjewellery.etsy.com opened in June 2008. I was looking to sell online as I am not the biggest fan of craft fairs – all a bit too much effort – having said that I am actually organising one which seems rather a contradiction! I also sell my jewellery on Folksy.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?
Ooh this is a tough one. I kept a necklace I made from blue goldstone for myself – that is one of my faves. Of all the things in my shop, I would have to say the sparkly blue chandelier earrings. They are quite fiddly to make but really beautiful.



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about Etsy) so far?
To not expect too much! Also, how to improve photos – the inspiration I get from other jewellery sellers and how they photograph their items has been really important. The community on Etsy is great and can be really helpful – so I’m not afraid to ask for advice if I need it.

How do you see your store developing?
I just plan to improve techniques try new things and try and make more bracelets as I don’t seem to make many – I can’t explain why though!



What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?
University work – I have coursework in next week! I’m studying for a Masters in Property Management and Development. I graduate in September and not very hopeful of finding a job at the mo. I‘m hoping the jewellery sales pick up massively!

What’s your top marketing tip for today?
I’m not sure I’m the right person to ask this as I am still not confident my marketing (or lack of) is working. I think getting out and about is important though.

Thanks Amy! Those all-important links again:

Amy's blog
www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery
www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/AREjewellery

4 comments:

Bigbluebed said...

Those photos are amzingly good. I love her shop.
Another great interview nifty. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

amy's shop is beautifully presented and she has a great eye for colour. i don't know how she manages to keep it going so well at the same time as studying for a degree - that's impressive! great i'v x

AMIdesigns said...

Great interview, Amys work is lovely and the only thing not mentioned was her amazing skill at making stunning Etsy treasuries

Noodlefish Crafts said...

Beautiful work and use of colour. I love her work!!. Thanks for another fab interview Nifty!! x