Friday 1 May 2009

WOW - a day filled with GREAT karma!


Yesterday was such a day!

Around 11 a.m. UK time I looked at Etsy's front page and saw this:



Such a treat! Alyanna is a fantastic curator, so I'd had my fingers crossed since I first saw the treasury. Sure enough, during the afternoon my little tiger was sold, and I'm just off to the post office to send him to Austria. Hes taking a little friend with him too!




But that wasn't all. During the afternoon my twitter followers passed the 600 threshold! Only a few weeks ago I was saying I'd *never* use twitter, it was sooo boring - then I realised that of course I didn't HAVE to follow people who only tweeted adverts for their shop - and I'm hooked! Find me at http://twitter.com/NiftyKnits

But that *still* wasn't all.

Later that evening I found a picture attachment in an email, from someone I wasn't even sure I'd met. Fellow Folksy seller Amanda from SnowflakeUnique had fallen in love with my meerkats and created me this picture from one of her own photos, taken at Amsterdam Zoo.



Isn't it brilliant? I'm hoping my good luck will stick with me for the rest of today at least, because I have a job interview at lunch time and then I'm taking my knits to a Craft Fair. Just in case you're in Kent I'll tell you it's in Wingham Primary School, from 6pm - 8 pm.

Passing on good karma is great for the soul, so if you have a chance to stop in at Amanda's shop, SnowflakeUnique even if it's just to say "HI", I'd apreciate it :-)

13 comments:

Kate said...

wow nifty you had a great day!! Send some of your karma over this way please :) I just love that meerkat picture - it's fabulous! What a nice surprise!

Scavengerbird said...

I love days like that, when it feels like all the hard work is paying off!
Well done.

theothermousie said...

Aww well done you - the picture is absolutely priceless!! I'm thrilled for you xx

Heather Leavers said...

I hardly dare post this - I've just had an email saying I've won another blog prize. Only an hour and a half till my interview - pleeeeease let my luck hold out!

Bigbluebed said...

What a great day!
I hope your intervie went well!!

Waterrose said...

Hope your luck lasts forever! This is a great post.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great day! Hope it continues for many more. And love your meercat pic - very funny.

FairlyGirly said...

Well, how did it go? I hope your lucky continues for the rest of the day.

Tina Peacock said...

Hoorah! Well done. You should be very proud! x

Sue said...

Congrats on all your wonderful happenings! I LOVE the artcard that was created for you! Too clever.

Linden said...

Wow, what a day!! Big congratulations on all the *lovely* karma and I really hope your interview went well!

Have had a peek at SnowflakeUnique and have added her to my Folksy faves, she has some lovely things in her shop.

Anonymous said...

Congtats Heather, I love it when good things happen to nice people. and That is you...I hope your good karma keeps going!!!
Pjlacase

Heather Leavers said...

Just to keep up to date :-)
the interview went well (I think!) and I actually enjoyed it (though my hands wer shaking when I did the computer test, LOL, it's not like I'm used to using a computer at all) and I took just over £40 profit after stall fees - not too bad!