Saturday 16 May 2009

Let's meet...Enuwbe!



Jen (She's the prettier one in the photo above) from www.Enuwbe.etsy.com is a Newbie (see how clever we've just been?) member of Etteam, but she seems to have been around forever! I know her shop sells organic, eco-friendly sustainable clothing - but let's find out about the girl herself.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs, only because my hubby is allergic to cats. I have a large Goldendoodle right now named Dreamer. She's pretty rad.

Star Wars or Star Trek?
I've always thought Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard was sexy. "This is Jean-Luc Picard of the Star Ship Enterprise....."

*coff* Niftyknits prefers the Original series of course ;-)

Fruit or chocolate?
Chocolate, it's way better for you.

Favourite colour?
I tend to lean towards green and purple. I am a pretty colorful person though, so I hate to commit.



Favourite meal?
Burrito and cheese burrito, from Taco Bell. I also only eat free range organic meats.

City break or weekend in the country?
I dream of a country farm retirement. As long as there is a Farmers Market nearby.



Soaps or documentaries?
documentaries, Soaps scare me. Plus, I don't have a TV.

*coff* Nifty here again - to quote Joey from friends "But how do you know where to point your sofa?"

Bath or shower?
Long hot Showers all the way. I have strange neurotic issues with baths.



Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop. Do you sell anywhere else?

I think my dads wife brought me to Etsy. She knows all the cool places.
I sell Organic, sustainable, multifunctional clothing. I try to ensure that every aspect of my designs are done with the environment and human rights in mind. I order fabrics that are grown and milled in the USA when ever possible. I also order fabrics from suppliers that use solar energy and feel strongly about their environmental business ethics the way I do. I want to be trusted by my customers for my eco friendly morals and demand for high environmental standards. I try to set the bar.

Right now, I am putting 100% into my Etsy shop. I think it is one of the best sites online. I love the way I can bypass big business and put money directly into the pockets of the people that do all the work. However, I am signed up on Folksy for when they expand to my neck of the woods. I am also slowly working on my own website, that I hope will link to my Etsy store.




What’s the favorite item you’ve made so far?

I really like my halter top. Its sexy, yet very functional. I think I will be wearing them all summer long. I love my cuffs as well. They are really fun, and I love to be able to offer a very affordable, yet practical item. It is a great way for people to touch and see the quality of my work.



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learned (about Etsy) so far?

Keep taking your pics till you get it right (sometimes this can take months), renewing is vital, A good team is where you also meet good friends. If a competitor seems to have an advantage, learn from it.

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

The lessons I have learned from my mistakes have been invaluable, so I am not sure I would want to change anything.


How do you see your store developing?

I see my store developing to offer a better variety of active wear for men and women of all shapes and sizes. Activity and health are extremely important to me. I want to make sure I have something for everyone. Wearing something that is comfortable to move in and makes you feel good, is one of the best things in the world. I also hope to develop in a way to educate others on the importance of eco friendly clothing. It would be nice if more people stopped to think how clothes are made and how it effects the world around them. I am also developing more active wear for hiking, climbing and biking.

What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

I have ADD, interruption is my lifestyle.

What’s your top marketing tip for today?

Pics look great when taken outside in the shade.

Thank you! Let's just drop in those links once more, can't have our readers getting worn out with scrolling!

www.Enuwbe.etsy.com
www.enuwbe4kids.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/ENUWBE
http://enuwbe.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Sweet Surrender Candles said...

Great interview! I wish I had the body to wear that halter - I love it!

Bigbluebed said...

Love the interview. Great advice also. And I too love the halter. Popping off to visit the shop.

Unknown said...

Terrific interview! It's nice to get to know Enuwbe and put a face to the name. :o)

Sandie

Helen Smith said...

Lovely to meet you Jen!

I think there is quite a Patrick Stewart fan club in the team...

Helen
ffflowers/hmsdesign

My Mother's Garden said...

Great interview! I love the intention behind all of Jen's creations!

Pamela Zimmerman said...

What a great story! I love learning about the behind the scenes stuff. Who wouldn't like her clothes?

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I am glad you like my stuff and learning about me.

Anonymous said...

Another Great interview...It very fun the put a face to the shop!
Pjlacasse

Jane Carlstrom said...

Lovely interview, lovely person. Wonderful team member.