Tuesday 3 March 2009

Competition time!

You may remember that I was joint winner of a competition organised by Folksy back in January?
So much yarn, so little time.: Folksy Make the News...
When I told the sponsor what I would like for my prize, it was with today's competition in mind. So - now that my prize has arrived - it's your turn!



In true school-bazaar tradition, your mission is to guess the number of buttons in the jar!

You can have several attempts.

To enter, one way is to become a follower of my blog. Leave a comment with your guess, tell me you're a follower. If you're already a follower, that's great - that counts too of course!



You can have a second try by going to either my Folksy shop or my Etsy shop and then leaving me a comment here with your guess and your favourite item from my shop.

For a third and fourth try - buy something from one of my shops and leave the details in a comment with your guesses!



If more than one person guesses correctly I will give the prize to the first correct guess, so it might be worth your while checking what other people have guessed.

But what's the prize?

When I started selling my knits I was very naive. I had no idea that buying a pattern did not give me the right to sell the product of that pattern. When the light dawned, I had to remove a few things sharpish!

Your prize is Nellie (seen here doing her Marilyn Monroe impression), knitted from a commercial pattern and therefore no longer for sale in my shop.



This competition is open to anyone and everyone from wherever you happen to live - good luck! I will check the guesses in one week's time on Wednesday March 11th. If more than one person has guessed the correct number I will give the prize to the first correct guess. If nobody has the exact number I will give the prize to the nearest guess. If there are two nearest guesses (one higher, one lower) I will give to the higher guess.

And if there's any other quibble I haven't thought of, please let me know!

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED! I AM BUSILY COUNTING BUTTONS...

44 comments:

Creative Knits said...

mmmm i'm gonna have to guess 67 and i'm a newbie follower!

Anonymous said...

Awww Nellie is sweet :) I have to be with blogger to be able to follow I think, but I don't mind telling you what my fave item is in your etsy shop ^_^ I love your meerkats, but my heart was captured by your tiger ^_^
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14015128

As for my guess...let's say 50 buttons :)

I'm bad at stuff like this, but it's fun!

Bigbluebed said...

My guess is 75.
I am a follower (under the name of Alexandra).

Bigbluebed said...

And my second guess...
81.
My favourite item from your etsy shop is this
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11815190
I thought I would say meerkat, or the gorgeously cute dachshund, but I love this little house (I think I would like to live there).

Sinclair said...

I'm a follower, and my guess is 173. Great idea!

Sinclair said...

ohmy, on Folksy, I love Bob the dog, the mohair blue corsage, and teeny tiger!

My second guess is 107

Melanie Ann Green said...

71... and i will be a follower when i work out how... hang on a min!

FairlyGirly said...

Hi, I am already a follower and my first guess is 63.

FairlyGirly said...

Hi, My second guess is 87......the item I like the most in your Folksy show is little lion... I just love the expression!

Beads, Beads and more Beads said...

My guess is 80..and i follow your blog under pjlacasse

Heather Leavers said...

I'm just back from a trip to the seaside - I'm so glad my competition hasn't sunk without trace!

My Mother's Garden said...

My guess is 82.
Hope you feel better soon!

Midnightcoiler said...

My wild guess is 46. I'm a follower of your blog- love the humor.

twenty pound tabby said...

I'm going to guess 48 buttons. I've been a follower for a while now. :-)

Heather Leavers said...

terri truluxe has guessed 106 but can't work out how to comment.

*bless*

Sarah said...

I made the same mistake using commercial patterns when I first started. They made good gifts :)

Mytutorlist.com said...

Um... I guess 54!

louise35flower said...

I guess 68, Nellie is so cute, I love her clothes!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My guess is 53 buttons. I am already a follower of your blog.

I had to redo my guess, because someone had already guessed the number I had picked. :o)

Fun contest!!

Sandie
zaftig2k(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://zaftigdelights.blogspot

Digital Misfit said...

My guess is 117 lovely wee buttons hiding in the jar.

I am a new follower of your blog :)

hugs,
Heidi
heidig@gmail.com
http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com

BeadyPool said...

I looked at the jar and my brain said "74" - must be on the same wavelength as others now looking at the guesses. Am a newbie follower as well BTW Vx

littleworm said...

This is my favorite from your Etsy shop. They are adorable!! :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21874470

And I think there are 59 buttons.

Heather Leavers said...

Kali from LushandLovely has messaged me that she guesses 72

inbal weisman said...

Fun competition!
I guess 47!

Audrey said...

When you are the 26th person to guess, it's hard to find a number not taken!!
My first guess is 46!!

Heather Leavers said...

Sent by BranchingStreams on March 05, 2009:

This is an awesome listing photo and the meeks are my favorite item in your shop! Here is my guess for your blog- 52 buttons.

Sorry if the comment box isn't working, folks. don't know why it isn't ;-(

Audrey said...

I love this hat!!!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16236866

Next guess is 62!!

Jane Carlstrom said...

55 is the guess, no more, no less.

Oh yes, am already a follower.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nifty. A great idea. I can't follow your blog because I'm not on blogger, but I can put a link to you on my blog.

And my guess is 67.

Sue said...

I'm a follower of your blog and my guess is 73.

Cool and fun competition!

Barbara M said...

My guess is 43.

and I must say, you're being fair leaving the mop top up, so we could have an educated guess! :D

TeresaM said...

I'm guessing 66 buttons in the jar!!!

Heather Leavers said...

nobody has the exact answer yet (I've been counting!)

Monica said...

Ooh funny posts...I am now defenately a follower!

I am guessing 56!

I am a fan of your meerkats and am saving up to get my hubby one!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I originally thought 80, but i see someone has already guessed that...so i will say 79.

Anonymous said...

I am a newbie follower and my guess is 46 buttons............

Linden said...

I'm really bad at these sorts of guesses but I'm going to have a go anyway as it's fun - my guess is 42 (I've scanned up and down and I don't think that one's been taken!).

Nellie is adorable!

Anonymous said...

oh i think 87. and my favourite item in your etsy shop is the Morris dancers!

Pickled Weasel said...

I think there are 102 buttons, and my favourite item in your Folksy shop is Bob the Dachsund. The meerkats came a close second :)

Linden said...

Sorry, didn't finish it properly, silly me!

I'm already a follower - and my favourite items in your Folksy shop are your lovely meerkats. I also like the mohair corsage currently on your first page, very pretty!!

Fabric Nation said...

This is fun! I guess 112!
(already a 'follower'! sounds a bit weird, should we all be wearing knitted pendants!). A lovely idea for a giveaway. Looking forward the 'guess the weight of the cake' next!

Unknown said...

88?

She's adorable. Then again, you know I love your knitted aminals, Heather. :)

Heather Leavers said...

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED, I'M BUSY CONTING - WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.

Many thanks to all who entered.
heather xxx