Tuesday 31 March 2009

I put my hand in the woodpecker's hole...

the woodpecker said
"God bless my soul!
Take it out
Take it out
Remoooove it!"



So I took my hand from the woodpecker's hole...
the woodpecker said
"God bless my soul!
Put it back
Put it back
Replaaaaaace it!"






I've never seen a woodpecker's hole close-up before (well, being 5'1" is a bit of a drawback!) and this was amazing. You can see all the little beak marks!

The stump had some great bracket fungus on the trunk - that was initially why I went to investigate. Soooo glad I did! (Oh - and the little critter in the top hole (yes, there were TWO!) is a travel bug we'd just picked up from a geocache. I'm a woman, I can multitask!


9 comments:

TeresaM said...

How cute! Great pictures!

SpringColors said...

this is so cute

Betsy said...

That's just too cool! You really got a great shot so we can see the beak marks, that's pretty awesome. I didn't realize that they made such huge holes in things. Simply incredible.

I've always wondered about geocaching, sounds like fun!

Heather Leavers said...

Thanks Betsy - I took a LOT of shots to get that one good one!

Alison Reid said...

wow, these meerkats get everywhere!

Sue said...

Great pics, love how those little meerkats are such camera hogs!

Kitschy Coo said...

Great pictures, love seeing what the meerkats are up to!

Linden said...

Blimey! I've seen a few woodpecker's holes in my life but never one as huge as that - what amazing creatures they are.

And I love being able to see the beak marks, brilliant photo!

AnniKae said...

Hilarious! I love the creative photography. Nice work.