Thursday 19 March 2009

Let's meet...beadstylin



I interviewed Jeannie some while ago...but promptly lost it in my marvelous filing system. Oooops. Have a look at the tagline in her banner - sound familiar? We're twins, beadstylin's shop and my blog!

Right - let's get to know all about beadstylin...

Quickies for starters:

Cats or dogs?
Cats! We have two black kitties. Our male cat is a polydactyl. He has eight toes on each front foot!

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek, but only if it's the 60's version. The other stuff just leaves me scratchin' my head.

Fruit or chocolate?
How about a chocolate-dipped strawberry? :-)

Favourite colour?
Peacock!



Favourite meal?
You mean like breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Or favorite food? I'll answer both. Favorite meal: supper. Favorite type of food: authentic Mexican.

City break or weekend in the country?
Country for sure!

Soaps or documentaries?
Documentaries, hand's down.



Bath or shower?
Nice hot shower with lots of fragrant Etsy soaps.

Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop. Do you sell anywhere else?

Word of mouth brought me to Etsy. I sell handcrafted jewelry. I've been making jewelry for about 12 years now and absolutely love it. It's relaxing and addictive, as well as educational. I do sell at craft fairs and out of my home, but I much prefer selling on Etsy.



What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?
My favorite item was a metalsmithed earring creation I named "Silverleaf". I toiled for hours over those earrings, soldering, sanding, and polishing.

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about Etsy) so far?
Renew, renew, and renew.

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?
I'd make sure I start with killer pictures.



How do you see your store developing?
I'd like to get a bit more into metalworking. And, once I get my new torch set up, I will continue to add my lampwork beads to my shop.

What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?
Not a thing. Just recovered from a craft fair, and it feels good to get off my feet.



What’s your top marketing tip for today?
It's all about presentation. There are others out there who are selling similar items, so you have to be creative in not just WHAT you do but HOW you present it. And that means outstanding photos, detailed, interesting descriptions, and excellent customer service.

Thanks Jeannie! If you're hankering for stunning jewelry, don't miss beadstylin's shop

8 comments:

Sue said...

Great interview! I love Jeannie's jewelry and it was fun to learn abit more about her.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Another lovely interview of a super duper human being. so pleased to learn more about you, Jeannie. Thanks to for the good tips. Hugs, Jane

Linden said...

Super interview, really interesting to learn more about Jeannie and her beautiful jewellery!

Jeannie, I think your photography backgrounds are *excellent* - just enough texture to add interest but not so much as to detract from the piece.

And great advice, too, thanks!

SpringColors said...

this is so much fun. great interview that enables to learn more about the people behind the avatars.

Bigbluebed said...

Great interview and lovely to meet Jeannie.

Ruby Spirit Designs said...

Another great interview nifty!

KnotOriginal said...

Nifty strikes again...great interview of Jeannie! Both entertaining and informative.

Jeannie, your jewelry and photos look amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Jeannie's jewelry is marvelous. We have very similar tastes, and so there isn't a piece in her store that I don't love.