Saturday 28 March 2009

Etsy Sales Fairy


Have you got one?

I bought my sales fairy from raisinlike.etsy.com in January, and for a while sales came thick and fast! Meerkats were being knitted and posted like there was no tomorrow!

Sales have died down a bit lately, so I thought maybe she wasn't happy with her position hanging in my hallway.

This is my "pride of place" display point, my steampunk necklace lives there when I'm not wearing it, hanging from a fabulous carved recycled root which was a present from my son. Can you see the face that's carved on the wood? In the family it's known as the "elk"...and that's another long story!

Anyway, I digress...

To cheer up the Sales Fairy I took her geocaching (you might have guessed!)



Here she is, sitting on the cache with the predictable meerkat. For those in the know, there are a couple of geocoins and travelbugs in the pic. It was a fabulous hiding place, a hinged hollowed out log in woodland!


Then the meerkat and fairy had a go at stalking...



Doubtless this will have you hotfooting it over to raisinlike.etsy.com for your own Sales Fairy LOL

13 comments:

Alison Reid said...

Maybe I should get a sales fairy?? Although I did have a nice little sale on Etsy last night....

Shame the meerkats have stopped selling. maybe you should focus on corgis to capture the US 'royal watching' market. You could theme them around the royal family!!! Ha ha...

Heather Leavers said...

I had pondered "by royal appointment..." for the corgis!

Bigbluebed said...

A Sales Fairy seems like a good idea.
Greyhounds!

Heather Leavers said...

oh I htink you said greyhounds to me once before bbb...could do! trouble is, I've got stock up to my ears!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Right you are dear Heather, the fairy needs to recharge every once in a while (much like crystals do). Letting her hang in the moon light, or on a nice tree bedding like you did is an excellent idea. And it is a well known fact that fairies love meerkats. As the old saying goes (translating from Hebrew) "A meerkat and a fairy go together like peanut butter and raspberry-pomegranate jam".

:o)

Silja Erg said...

a sales fairy :D brilliant!

Heather Leavers said...

Sharona I love your ancient Hebrew saying!

TeresaM said...

How interesting! How long does it take you to make a meerkat? They still amaze me!
Teresa

My Mother's Garden said...

The sales fairy is sdorable! I want one! I like your "pride of place" display, that carved root is just beautiful.
Here's to hoping the sales fairy brings you some sales! and me too :)

Heather Leavers said...

teresa they don't take as long as they used to! but they do take a god few hours. the body and head is one piece, although the head is divided into three for a while (it's painless) but then the fiddly bit starts...little eyes, ears, arms, legs, tail. Except for the baby, the legs and tail need wiring, too. If I was paid an hourly rate they'd be by royal appointment only!

Midnightcoiler said...

If this doesn't do it for you I don't know what will... Sales Fairy and Meerkat in the same photos, sounds like a formula for success!

Waterrose said...

I'm so glad that your meerkat gets to go geocaching so often....and now he has a companion. I think we just need to get those meerkats back to the front page!

Linden said...

I might just go and ask Raisinlike to make me a Folksy Sales Fairy...!

I've been registered as a buyer on Etsy for a while, it's time I went and actually made a purchase. I've had a peek at her shop and it's lovely!

Really hope the meerkats start selling again very soon, they are so special!