Monday 16 March 2009

Let's meet...SpringColors

Hadass of Springcolors is a fellow member of Etteam. She describes her shop as a place where we will find necklaces and bracelets made of crystals and beads, expressing the joy, optimism and beauty of spring, so I'm keen to get to know her a bit better!



Cats or dogs?

CATS! Hubby and I have 5 cats including two black ones. You can see them in rare moment of brotherly love.



Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek. Hubby and I are long time trekkies and For many years I take part in organizing the Israeli annual sci-fi convention.

OH WOW! finally I meet a team member who is more of a trekkie than I am! Live long and prosper Hadass!


Fruit or chocolate?
Really hard question. First chocolate and then some fruit, especially the pink ones. I love anything pink.



Favourite colour?
Pink, fuchsia, rose, blush, flush, mauve! (I've just copied the correct line from the excellent tagging list).

Favourite meal?
Any meal which includes good bread with a hard crust.

Soaps or documentaries?

Star trek!

City break or a weekend in the country?
Hubby and I love to travel. Hubby dreams of storming the wild on a jeep with large wheels and I dream about finding a good restaurant nearby.

Now we've got you warmed up:

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop.

I make and sell handmade beaded jewelry. Each of my items is my design, handmade and one of a kind.

Since childhood I've been interested in all kinds of handmade. Four years ago, a friend showed me to crochet jewelry and I've became addicted to beadwork. Beadweaving is all about playing with colors and that is what fascinates me.

Since then, I've made a lot of items, kept them in a drawer somewhere and never wore them.

Last year I was diagnosed with cancer, had chemo and sat home for 6 month. I had the time on my hands, so I've arranged my drawers and decided to start selling my item. After all, I don't wear them, so why not let someone else enjoy them?! That how I've opened my Etsy shop.



What's the favourite item you've made so far?
My favourite item is always the last item I make. I try to improve my work with each and every item. Now I working on a pendant inspired by the Celtic Knot and I fascinated with this design.


What has been the most useful lesson you've learnt so far?
Every lesson I've learned was useful, I think.

However, I think the best lesson I have is about photography. I learned a lot about photography since I've started with Etsy, and got a lot of useful advices from ETTEAM members. Before that I was so cluless and afraid to use the camera and never thought I could get a good picture. My pictures still needs improving, but now I know how to make them better.




If you could start again, is there anything you'd do differently?
I need to promote more and better. I'm struggling with all the different promotion ways and not focused enough.

How do you see your store developing?
I hope to make better and more original and interesting beaded jewelry. I hope to sell my designs and not just the jewelry itself. And of course, I hope to see more sales.

What have you been doing today that I've interrupted?
I'm going to continue working on my beaded Celtic Knot.

What's your top marketing tip for today?
Facebook. Just signed in yesterday and already an addict.

Thanks Hadass! I'm very impressed by your positive stance towards the dreaded C, and wish you every good luck for the future.
Springcolors
www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this came out so nice. thank you so much for your incouraging words.


springcolors
springcolors.etsy.com

Linden said...

Another lovely interview, Nifty and Hadass!

Hadass, I love your jewellery and your photography. Both are very beautiful!!

And, like Nifty, I'm also very impressed with your positive attitude to cancer - it's the only way to beat it, imho.

Bigbluebed said...

A lovely feature. Hadass has such beautiful intircate pieces. And I loved seeing her cats. Thanks nifty. Another great feature.

KnotOriginal said...

What an encouraging peek into Hadass's life!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Lovely interview, wonderful colors and work. The 5 cats sharing the bed is so very fun. Nicely done Nifty and Hadass.

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Great shop! I love her jewelry. I can imagine the time it must take. Love the kitty picture too. They are all so cute!

Midnightcoiler said...

Nice interview Nifty! Hadass, got a kick out of seeing your cats! Great photos and jewelry. I think the process of creating is an important therapy. Thanks for sharing with us!

Sue said...

This is a great interview! So nice to learn more about Hadass and her creativity!

Ruby Spirit Designs said...

Another great interview Nifty! Hadass, your work is stunning and you have an amazing talent, you must have a lot of patience!

Anonymous said...

Hadass is such a Talant, I love her bead work! great interview! Thanks Heather.